Chapter 8

"I just don't think I'm in the mood for some tea." Dahilan ko nang tanungin niya ako kung bakit beer ang ipinapahanda ko sa kanya.

I just got out of the the shower. Nakaupo siya sa kanto ng kama habang pinapanood ang kilos ko. I smell like her. I am not sure how I look like right at this moment but I'm sure that I currently possess her smell.

My wavy hair is not that wet because I already blow dried it but not thoroughly. I picked up the clothes that she lent me before going back inside the bathroom.

Nang lumabas sa kwarto, nauna siyang maglakad patungo sa kusina. A huge table looked so expensive with chairs that are aligned in both sides.

May hinila siyang upuan sa countertop at tinapik 'yon ng dalawang beses bago pa maupo sa katabi nito. I sat beside her and she smiled at me when I thanked her.

"Come on, it's 2:00 AM and you're asking for beer right after taking a shower because you want to sober up." Umirap siya at maarteng tumayo mula sa mataas na upuan.

"I am sober." I said with finality so she would understand that I can still drink a bottle of beer or two.

Muli siyang umirap sa akin but she ended up getting two cans of beer from her refrigerator.

"You never liked anyone younger than you?" I asked casually.

Marami akong gustong alamin tungkol sa kanya. I don't think a night alone will not answer every question that I have. I'm just so curious about her life. I want to know every detail that I she'll allow me to know.

"Yup," she agreed. "I never find someone younger than me interesting." She shrugged both of her shoulders before drinking her beer.

"What's your profession? Bakit nakita kita sa university? You said you had a secretary once. I just remembered recently."

"Woah, wait. You're quite too fast. Can you ask your questions slowly? We have a lot of time." She chuckled upon hearing what I said.

Huminga ako nang malalim bago siya tignan. Hindi ko alam kung paano siya tatanungin sa kalmadong paraan. Hindi ko alam ang nararamdaman ko. Hindi malinaw ang bagay-bagay para sa akin.

"First of all, I own your university." May kasamang tawa doon sa sinabi niya. "Wait," agad siyang napahinto. "How do you not know that?" Nagtataka siyang tumingin sa akin.

I looked away before drinking my beer. Okay, I never listened to any meeting and events at school. I find everything so boring. Kahit si Criza na natagpuan siya sa unit ko, hindi rin siya kilala.

With her squinting eyes, she mumbled things that I couldn't understand. She own the Adelar University. OMG!

"You own Adelar University?" Hindi makapaniwalang sambit ko. "How?" Dagdag ko pa.

"Well, not all of it... My cousin and I owns it." Paliwanag niya sa akin. "You're quite rich too." She added.

"My parents are rich... not me." Paliwanag ko sa kanya.

Upon saying that, I suddenly remembered how curious I am regarding her family issues. Ayaw kong ipilit na ikuwento niya ang bagay na 'yon sakin. Isa pa, we're not that close... yet.

"I work at Parem, I'm sure you know what Parem is." She laughed slightly.

I wiped the side of my lips after drinking. "What now, you also owns that?" I laughed as I stated my joke.