Chapter 12

"How mad was I? How are we suddenly treating each other like strangers?" I asked Gabriella as we walk along the dark street of Pasay.

"Well, she gave you false hopes... That's what you saiid." She mumbled.

"How about your problem? Do you really want to leave your group?" I asked. "Show business isn't that easy." I added.

"I just don't want to cause any conflict. Maria's too difficult. I can't take it anymore." She breathed out loudly.

Somehow, I relate to Gabriella. Ang pinagkaiba lang ng sitwasyon namin, gusto siya ng pinoproblema niya. Ako, hindi. Baliktad na sitwasyon.

"I'm sure she'll find a way to communicate with you." Gabriella stated. "You know her too damn well. Kaya ka rin nagpapahabol eh." She laughed.

Malamig na umihip ang hangin kasabay ng biglang tigil ng magarang sasakyan sa harapan naming dalawa. I didn't even had a hunch that she'd be able to follow me that fast. Ang inisip ko kanina, it would take her quite some time.

Nagdilang anghel ang babae sa gilid ko. Gabriella with her full bangs, cat-like eyes, and cute giggle took my attention from the white car.

Catherine went outside her car before proudly standing in front of me. Galit ang mga mata niyang tinignan ako. Her eyes is yellowish with a shade of brown when being hit by sunlight and dark as a cloud getting ready for a storm when it is. Hindi ko maipaliwanag ang tindig niya. Iba ang dating ng aura niya ngayon. If I ever saw her upset with me, this one's totally different.

Her eyes were dark. It somehow gives me the same feeling of this cold night. Her stance was so proud, it's as if she's confident over something. She was looking at me straightly as if I have sinned and she will never find forgiveness.

"What do you think you're doing, huh?" She said while walking calmly.

Kabaliktaran ng kalmadong lakad na 'yon ang dilim na nakikita sa kanyang mata. It was dark. That's all it is.

Tinitigan ko siya sa hindi makapaniwalang paraan. Hindi ako aware na kaya pala niyang dumilim nang ganito.

Tikhim ni Gabriella ang nagputol ng tingin ko sa kanya.

"Hi, I'm Gabriella." My friend extended her hand so Catherine would introduce herself. Gab probably did that to lighten up the mood. Alam ko sa sarili kong hindi friendly ang isang 'to. She's cute and all but she's intimidating. "Siguro naman kilala mo ako?"

Catherine looked at her with disgust and disappointment. "No. No, I don't know you." She stated. After that, she looked at me again.

Dahil napahiya si Gabriella, gusto kong tumawa. Mukhang hindi nagustuhan ni Catherine ang pagsilay ng ngiti ko kaya lalong nagsalubong ang mga kilay niya.

"Get inside my car, Madison. If you're trying to be funny, it's not working." Malamig na sambit ni Catherine sa akin.

Kahit pa alam kong nagtatampo ako sa kanya, hindi ko magawang wag pansinin ang pangungulila sa kanya. It felt so long isnce the last time I get to have the chance to see her this close.

"We have plans..." Gabriella said at the most wrong timing moment.

I almost laughed at her but it didn't seem like Catherine would love that so I started walking.

"Ihahatid na kita sa sasakyan mo, Gab." Mahina kong sabi. Halos pabulong pa nga 'yon.

"I'll come with you." Agarang sambit ni Catherine.

"No." Angil ko. Gusto kong makausap si Gab tungkol dito bago siya pauwiin at ayaw kong malaman ni Catherine ang sasabihin ko.

"Why?"