Chapter 10

There's nothing to admit and there's nothing to deny... well, that's what I thought. I just want to be here and see her for a while. A glimpse would do. Pagkatapos noon, aalis na ako. Uuwi na ako at masaya na roon ang puso ko. A single glimpse, iyon lang.

I took a glance at the large golden gate of the most famous hotel here Batanes, Mount. A five star hotel that is mostly occupied by foreigners from around the world.

"Ingat, Miss." Nakangiting sambit ni Kuya Rico. Dad's driver.

Ngumiti lang ako at tumango. I looked at myself through the rear view mirror to see if I still look the same as I did when we left the mansion.

"Magtetext na lang po ako, Kuya." Mahina kong sabi bago bumaba.

I told him earlier that I'll be quick. Magtetext ako sa kanya once I see Catherine. The party has already started. Sinadya kong mahuli. She informed me that the party will start at 10:00 PM and it's quarter to 12.

With my short red party dress, a staff asked me where I was going.

"Uh, I'm invited by a friend... there's a party somewhere here." Mahina kong sabi dahil nakuha niya ang ilang atensyon mula sa paraan ng paghinto sa akin.

"Sorry ma'am, do you have the invitation?" She asked, smiling.

"No, but... uh, I can show you our conversation." Naninimbang kong sabi.

"May I know who invited you, ma'am?" She asked as she grabbed a pen and paper.

"Catherine." Sagot ko sa kanya. "Catherine Montemayor," dagdag ko pa.

She seemed to find what I said funny. A grin came and she laughed mockingly along with the other staff. Sabay-sabay ang mga tinginan na naipukol sa akin bago sila malokong tumawa nang mahina.

"What's happening here?" Somebody asked out of I don't know where.

"Ma'am," yumuko nang bahagya ang mga kumaussp sa akin para sa babaeng lumalapit. It was Aubrey.

"Oh, you're invited." She smiled at me.

I was confused for a second. Ako? Kausap ako ng isang Aubrey? Really?

With confusion all over my system, I pointed at myself. It felt like she understood the question that I have inside me.

"Yes, you silly. I didn't know you'll come. She said you declined her invitation." Aubrey went closer to give me a kiss on my right cheek.

I couldn't help but admire how she made me feel that she's a normal human being. Both of us are wearing designer clothes but it felt like she's out of my league. Like I can't be friends with with her. I shouldn't dare. It seems so natural for her to have girl space friends. Hindi siya nagulat noong nag sorry ang mga tauhan sa akin.

"Loosen up," She laughed a bit. Looking like she finds this situation funny. "I own this property, don't worry. I got you."

Her words were soothing and relaxing. Actually... It made me think about something. She's not so bad...

From there, I found myself admiring every bit of her. From the way she moves, speak, and the way she gives praises. She's soft and appreciative. She cares for other people. She really is, an icon.

I really don't get it. Sa init ng pagtanggap ni Aubrey sa mga tao, kabaliktaran noon ang pinsan niya na si Catherine. Cath, over here, beside me, is sharp, cold, and so hard to look at. Masarap siyang nakawan ng tingin. When she's focused on something, katulad na lamang ngayon, she's looking at her phone kahit pa katabi niya ako.