Chapter 28

Ilang araw pang nanatili ang mga kaibigan ko kasama namin bago sila mag pasyang umuwi na ng Manila. They promised me that they will go back so they just had to keep in touch with Catherine.

Catherine decided to had the house fixed piece by piece. She bought the entire house including the lot and garden outside. It has a legal process and it was under mine and her name.

"The room needs to be fixed tomorrow. It's too risky if we're staying on a hotel. Would you be okay to sleep for a while in Pristina?" She asked while we were having our lunch.

"Pristina? In Visayas?" I asked. I wanted to clarify if I heard her right. "Cebu?" I added.

"Yup," she confirmed. "I'm not forcing you. we can just stay at the white mansion beside the lake..." she gave me an option.

"Where in Pristina?" I asked.

"The hidden part near the last city before Mindanao. I was able to buy a property for us near the ocean. Most part are already renovated so we should be able to at least stay for months." She was on her laptop while saying those things.

Hindi ako nakikialam sa mga trabaho at ginagawa niya. I don't ask updates too about Manila. I am contented with what I know and the things that I don't.

"Would it be better if we stay there?" I asked as I watch her type something.

"Oo naman. Besides, it's safer if we move from city to another. You also mentioned how you want to go on a vacation with me before..." she explained.

Hindi ko naisip na magagawang maalala ni Catherine ang mga bagay na dati pa naming napag usapan.

"Wala namang bahay sa malapit. The port is also located across from where the mansion was built. There are natives, tho, but they're not too close. Ang alam pa ng mga tao, walang nakatira doon."

She closed her laptop to give me her full attention. She placed the device at the coffee table located in between us. A genuine smile plastered on her lips.

"Ask me anything that you want to know, I'll answer them so you'll be able to decide." She stated.

"Paano mo nakuha yung mansion na yon?" I curiously asked. Baka kasi mahanap kami ng ilang koneksyon ni Mommy. I'm scared to be traced.

"I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Reponte's but they used to own that property. They're a family of architects and engineers. One of the richest in this county."

"Mas mayaman sa inyo?" I asked.

"Not really," she answered.

"How long are we going to stay there?" Tanong ko ulit. Gusto ko sanang alamin ang lahat para wala akong pagsisisihan.

"Probably around two months. I want this house to be finished and ready when we go back. I'm thinking that you're comfortable here and that you just want to settle on this place." She explained.

Hindi ko naisip na ganoon na pala kalayo ang pinlano niya para sa amin. I wanted to ask more question because of my doubts but I think Catherine is so ready to answer all of them.

There's no reason for me to doubt. Catherine got my back.

"By the way," she added.

"There are natives near that island but they're too far from the city so they don't know things. They probably won't recognize us so it's okay to befriend them like here." Itinapik niya dalawang beses ang mga hita. "Come here," she extended her arm.

Agad kong hinawakan ang kanyang kamay at tumayo papalapit sa kanya.

"Sit here," she tapped her thigh once again. "You're too far." She said when I sat near her knees.