Chapter 20

I was born and raised by my wealthy family. I have rich ancestors. My Daddy, ever since, was a good man. He would do everything for me. He would do everything for Mommy. Just literally everything for his family.

Hindi ko maiwasang balikan ang buhay ko noon habang pinapanood ko si Catherine na kumakain sa harapan ko.

"If you don't like it, just tell me. I will open a can of tuna." I suggested.

I got my salary yesterday so it's okay to open another can. I'm being too harsh. I can't just force her to live the way I'm living my life now.

"I'm okay with sardines." She said.

Matapos ang usapan namin kanina, hindi na siya nagsabi pa ng kahit na ano. Hindi ko rin alam kung may plano ba siya o ano.

Dahan-dahan lamang ang naging kain ko. Baka mabigla kasi ang sikmura ko. For the past months, I never thought of seeing her again. Mag sisinungaling ako kunng sasabihin kong hindi ko siya na-miss. I missed her. I just didn't thought that I'd be able to see her again.

"It hurts to know that you limit yourself from eating healthy food. Can you not afford anything other than canned goods?" She asked.

"Bakit? Ayaw mo ba ng ganito?" Hindi makatingin na sambit ko, naiilang na.

Hindi ako nakarinig sa kanya ng kahit na anong sagot. I looked at her beside me just to see how she heave a deep sigh.

"Ayaw ko lang na mabuhay kang naiisip mong ayos lang yung ganito. I want to give you anything, Madison. As much as I can, I want you to have everything that I can give." She said that as if my family did nothing wrong to her.

She's the purest person that I have met. With her cold and unapproachable aura, her actions will say otherwise. One thing's for sure when it comes to Catherine, she always keep her promises.

"You don't have to worry about your life anymore..." Magkahalong ngiti at sakit ang nakikita ko sa kanya nang lumingon ako.

Ayaw kong kaawaan niya ako. Pero sa sitwayon ko ngayon, malabong hindi siya maaawa sa akin. I have never been in this kind of situation. I have always lived a life of a princess. Being the only child of a wealthy family, I had nothing to ask for.

"If you have plans in your mind..." Lumunok ako at napainom ng tubig bago dugtungan ang sasabihin. It felt illegal to express what I'm feeling. "Please let me know." Maiksing dugtong ko.

"I honestly don't have any other plan except on marrying you." She stated.

Knowing Catherine... she' not lying.

"You're aware of what my father did to your company." I said. She's prettymuch aware of that.

Hindi naman magandang kinakalimutan o isinasantabi niya 'yon dahil lang gusto niya ako. I can't be an enough reason for her to forget about what my late father did.

"Kung hindi ba 'yon ginawa ng Daddy mo... magpapakasal ka sa akin?" She asked.

"You know what?" Naguguluhan kong sabi. "I don't really know what you came here for. "Pakakasalan mo ako pagtapos ng ginawa ni Daddy sa company niyo?" I asked.

"Everything that your father owned was transferred under your name. The latest news that I have from the update last week... Everything is under investigation. That's the reason why your mother is frustrated." Pag bibigay niya sa akin ng mga impormasyon na hindi ko naman hiningi sa kanya.

"How's my Mom?" I asked.

"She's been going to casino lately..." Maingat niyang sambit. It felt like she has something to add so I did not answer for a couple of seconds.