Chapter 33

I proudly left the room making everyone wonder who the fuck I am and why I have the ring with me.

Alam ko sa sarili ko na magdadagsaan ang mga susunod na tanong sa akin. For sure, this press conference will be published on magazines and news.

I just mended with their business without telling people how we're actually related. But I want to keep it that way.

Now that I was able to get everything back, I am all good. As long as I will not have to question things again, I am good. It hurts but I'm good. I can deal with the pain.

Rinig ko and tuldok na tunog ng suot na sapatos sa bawat hakbang na ginagawa. I am hurt, of course, mahal ko si Catherine. But I wouldn't force the universe to give us the ending that I want.

Oh to be her wife and to have her in my arms everyday...

I can only wonder. But I can never force things.

Pumasok ako sa lift at agad na sumunod si Aubrey. I saw how she's trying to stifle a smile. I wonder why but she totally ignored my presence as she kept her eyes up front to the elevator door that is about to close.

She laughed slightly with her squinted eyes, "Three... two..." she randomly counts.

Nang magsasara na ang elevator, may kamay na humarang at pumigil sa tuluyang pagsarado. Para bang rinig ang pagbilang ni Aubrey kaya naman nalaglag ang panga ko sa paghanga.

Umirap ako sa kawalan nang makita kung sino ang gumawa noon. I tried to act as if I am not affected with whoever that is. I tried to ignore her the way her cousin ignores me. Aubrey acted as if it wasn't her who helped me to be here.

Catherine stood her ground in front of me looking so mad over something. Oh, I have never seen her this angry. It looked like she could rip my skin off. That's how mad she looks.

"Ate, that's too much..." Banggit ng katabi ko. Aubrey even touched my waist as she tried to console me, making me move closer to her.

Binalingan siya ni Catherine and there goes the angry look that I have not ever seen. It seems like she never wanted me to see that version of her.

"You are aware of this?" Pagalit na tanong niya sa pinsan sa gilid ko. "What the fuck were you thinking?" She added.

Aubrey looked dead serious, "What now? You have been gone for 2 months and you came back with an announcement that you are getting married?" Aubrey said as if she finds her cousin so ridiculous.

"I don't think you knew that we were all worried. You are selfish." Mariing sambit ni Aubrey.

Her hold on my waist tighten a little but she remained calm. It looked like she's still trying to give Catherine the benefit of the doubt.

Catherine fired back, looking more intense now, "You knew who I will marry. You are aware of that. I kept Madison so she could be safe. And what did you do, huh? Do you think I did that only for you to reveal her in public?" Nanlilisik ang mga mata niyang sabi.

I cannot believe that they are arguing in front of me and the fact that these are happening inside the small mirrored elevator adds up.

"And you?" Magkasalubong na mga kilay niyang baling sa akin.

I tried to act so innocent trying to move closer to Aubrey. Hoping that she would save me from her cousin.

"You believed what you read on the internet?" Pasaring niya.

I am mad. I was mad. But how can I stay mad if she intimidates me and makes me feel like I was wrong for thinking that she's manipulating me?

"Aubrey." Tawag niya sa pinsan na nasa gilid at walang reaksyon ang mukha. "You knew that I am here to clear up everything. I was trying to get all her assets so I can take it from her mom and officially put them under her name when she goes out." Sambit ni Catherine.