Chapter 2

— Chapter 2 Reparations

In a state of disbelief, Jing Shao reached over to touch Mu Han Zhang’s face. The slightly cool touch made his heart tremble, but feeling again carefully, he sensed a body temperature, a living body temperature. Using the candle light to look at him, except for his lower lip that had a trace of blood due to being bitten, that person looked as beautiful as he remembered, just with slightly softer features that made him appear as if he was in his early twenties.

How was this possible? Jing Shao thought about it for a long time before he ripped opened his upper robe to examine his chest. In the 18thyear of the Hong Zheng era, he was shot near the heart with an arrow and it had almost killed him. But now, the scar was not there and his other injuries also did not exist, his skin was smooth, just slightly less muscled than he remembered.

Reaching, in the dark, to a small compartment near the bed, he pulled out the drawer and opened the blue account book inside. The last record was: Yanqing county exchanged 1000 liang of silver for 5000 liang of salt, Hong Zhen era year 13, 2nd lunar month, day 19.

Silently returning the book to its place, Jing Shao looked around uneasily. This was clearly his wedding chamber, he had returned to the night of his wedding in Spring, 13thyear of the Hong Zheng era!

This was the year he drove out the Huns and returned victorious. He was the first among his siblings to display his abilities and his father had awarded him the status of Imperial Prince. No one dared to question his abilities.

The following year, the Empress incited his father to bestow him a marriage with the second son of the Grand Marquis of the North, tonight was the night they married.

This year he was only 19 years old, everything had yet to begin…

“Ha ha ha, the heavens did not abandon me! The gods really treat me well, ha ha ha…” After snapping out of his shock and making sure all of this was not just a dream, Jing Shao could not help laughing in delight.

“Nnng…” a moan from beside him interrupted Jing Shao’s contented laughter. He quickly turned his head to look at the sleeping Mu Han Zhang, who was awakened by him, his slender eyelashes trembled, gradually opening to reveal a pair of beautiful eyes.

Who said everything hadn’t started yet? It would have been better if the gods had let him be reborn a few hours earlier, then Jun Qing would not be hurt like this. Jing Shao mentally cursed while simultaneously extending his hand towards Mu Han Zhang, wanting to bundle him up into his arms. Unexpectedly, his hand had barely touched the other’s body before the person abruptly slammed backwards to avoid him.

“Nnng…” The sudden movement had affected the wound down below. Mu Han Zhang’s face paled immediately.

“Don’t move!” Jing Shao held him down and felt the body under his palm tremble slightly. He couldn’t help but frown, on the wedding night he felt that he had been wronged and therefore drank too much, and after some time, he could not remember what he did. He only remembered that on the second day, when they went to see the Emperor, the other had fainted upon entering the hall. Looking at the situation now, the other had always been strong and healthy, the injuries were probably not light.

Mu Han Zhang really did stop moving, only looking at Jing Shao with a pair of beautiful eyes that currently contained both humiliation and fear.

“You…” Jing Shao opened his mouth but did not know what to say. He could only turn around and pull the silk sash in front of the bed. After a while, a servant’s voice answered from outside of the room.

“Prepare hot water, I want to bathe” he ordered in a clear voice. He waited until the servants left before turning around, still not knowing what to say, Jing Shao awkwardly scratched his head.