Chapter 19

Ch19 - A Contemptible Self-Actor

“Shut up!” Jing Shao walked in with a cold face.  

Song Lingxin stood in the center of the study with one hand on her waist. Originally she had taken a breath of air to speak again, but with his entrance she swallowed it back down.

Mu Hanzhang sat at the desk was slightly knitting his brows. When he saw Jing Shao come in, his expression somewhat relaxed a little. He stood up and gave greetings: “Wang Ye has returned.” 

Jing Shao walked to Mu Hanzhang’s side. He took a glance at Song Lingxin and the two servant girls behind her: “Song Lingxin, what is your attitude towards the Wang Fei?” 

“Wang Ye~” Song Lingxin feeling wronged called out, then took a deep breath and said, “Qie’s conduct was for the sake of maintaining the peace of the palace. Wang Fei, he …… ” 

“You shut up! ” Jing Shao just hearing Song Lingxin’s shrill voice made his head hurt. He turned his head to look at the person at his side, slowly and lowering his tone he asked,” Jun Qing, what happened?” 

Mu Hanzhang lowered his eyes, after smoothing his lips he said: “My wet nurse’s body is not good, and no one takes care of her in the farm village. I wanted to take her and her son to the palace for a while, let them live in the servants’ quarters for some time, and wait for Uncle Zhou’s leg injury to get better first before letting them go back.” The gentle and sweet-sounding voice spoke, not too quickly or slowly, and it was very comforting to listen to. 

“Wang Ye, the palace has never admitted an outsider, this is the rule. Once Wang Fei opens this possibility, wouldn’t it be possible for anyone who wants to stuff people in here to do so?” Song Lingxin argued strongly for what she thought right, in her opinion, for the members of the royal family. The most important thing to abstain from was having other people here who could be spies. As long as she put forth that point, then she didn’t believe that Wang Ye would still be standing on Mu Hanzhang’s side.

Jing Shao frowned. 

Song Lingxin saw that she had managed to get to the crux, and felt a shred of smugness in her heart: “Qie has personally managed the big and small affairs within the residence, and one must be responsible for the inner court. The servant quarters are behind the West Court, if some person of unknown origins came in, it’s unknown if something bad could happen.”  

Within the West Court lived the concubines and womenfolk, the so called “bad thing” was naturally referring to certain activities… Mu Hanzhang slowly tightened his fist, Song Lingxing speaking like this, it was clear that she was dishonoring him. 

“Pa!” Mu Hanzhang had not even spoken yet, and Jing Shao’s palm had already slapped Song Lingxin’s face. 

Song Lingxin’s eyes widened and she looked at Jing Shao incredulously.  

“Since you can’t seem to manage the household well, today you will hand over all the account books to Wang Fei.” Jing Shao said coldly. 

“Wang Ye!” Song Lingxin covered her face with her hand, not understanding why, when she had clearly handled all the affairs, she was suddenly hit and thenstripped on the spot of her power as the head female in the household. She couldn’t help but raise her voice and sharply say, “Qie is only thinking for the good of the palace, how could you act this way to Qie? Wang Fei will definitely not be able to manage the palace! The schedule was set in the flower book, yet the nine days when Qie was to serve your bed, Wang Ye didn’t even come for one of the days! This kind of control over the household, who would listen to him!”