Chapter 13

Chapter 13 - Salt Trade Certification

The next day, Mu Hanzhang woke up in Jing Shao’s embrace. Warm breath fluttered on his neck, and a slender leg rested on his body, pressing on one of his legs until it felt a little numb. 

Out of sorts, he shifted a little, and the person holding him slowly woke up, gently exhaling: “Jun Qing…” His dazed call had a languid, nasal sound.

“En, it’s time to get up.” Mu Hanzhang moved again. Unexpectedly, the person who hugged him didn’t let go, but actually hugged him closer.

“Don’t even have to go to morning court, what’s the hurry?” Jing Shao buried his face into the person in his embrace and rubbed a few times.

“Doesn’t Wang Ye have an appointment with Li Daren today?” Mu Hanzhang wanted to say that after breakfast, the other consorts would come to pay their respects, and he didn’t know what he would do if they saw that the two of them were still in bed. 

Jing Shao, still unwilling, dawdled for a while before he got up. In his previous life, after he started the third expedition against the three vassal states, he basically never had the chance to sleep leisurely like this. After being put in prison, there was even less of a chance. There was only the ice-cold limestone slab and the filthy hay. Therefore, he found that now, he is more and more inclined towards warm and clean things.

Looking at Mu Hanzhang gracefully putting on his outer clothing, today wearing snow white garments from head to toe, he felt that this person was not even tainted by a speck of dust. Jing Shao supported his head with one hand, lying down sideways on the bed watching a ray of sunlight illuminating that person who seemed like an exiled immortal from heaven. As if in a trance, he thought, this person must be this world’s warmest and cleanest existence!

The time agreed upon with Li Yanqing was from 11AM-1PM, so after eating breakfast Jing Shao didn’t rush to go out. He sat on the Luohan couch and accompanied his family’s wife to drink tea.

“Fu Ren and the two concubines have come to give their greetings.” Zhi Xi came in to report.

After Mu Hanzhang nodded, Song Lingxin and the two concubines walked in, giving the Wang Fei salutations and paying their respects. Seeing Jing Shao was also there, naturally, they gave him their greetings first.

When Concubine Liu rose, she was a little slower than others. It seemed as if she was unwell, her body swaying before falling forward.

Mu Hanzhang subconsciously reached out to catch her, but unexpectedly Jing Shao reacted even faster, with one move hauling her up. What a joke, falling like this, she almost fell headfirst into the arms of Jun Qing!

“Wang Ye…”  The beautiful Concubine Liu lifted her pair of beautiful, autumn-water like eyes and looked at Jing Shao, “This lowly concubine’s body is unwell and accidentally collided with you.” 

Mu Hanzhang’s hand that was stretched out took a sharp turn, picking up the tea cup on the table, and sipping a mouthful, as if he had not seen anything.

The concubine, seeing Wang Ye staring at her, couldn’t help but feel happy in her heart.  On the surface, however, her appearance still seemed as if she were too weak to stand up to the wind. Song Lingxin, who was watching this, was clenching her teeth–this seducing fox spawn!

Concubine Li looked at the situation and rolled her eyes, retreating to the side and standing there, not speaking. 

“Wang Fei, the thing Qie mentioned yesterday…” Song Lingxin stepped forward, breaking the strange atmosphere in the room.