Chapter 16

Chapter 16 - Shortage of Money

In the courtyard, where the rain poured for two hours, Jing Shao did not speak and did not move. Mu Hanzhang quietly accompanied him, hugging him as they sat in the rain for two-hours, waiting for him to calm down. Only after that, did he drag him into the house to bathe and change clothes.  

Although Jing Shao used this alternate property to train soldiers, it was still a royal residence, the things it should have were all there, and moreover there were also hot springs. Inside Jing Shao’s living quarters was a rather large hot spring reservoir, although because it was raining, they couldn’t bathe outdoors. Thus, they just soaked in the small pool inside the house to drive out the cold.

“Achoo!” As Mu Hanzhang was coaxing Jing Shao to drink a bowl of ginger soup, he himself sneezed.  

“You should also quickly go drink a bowl.” Jing Shao handed him the ginger soup, and took a cloth towel to dry his hair. Only then did he think about the fact that Jun Qing’s body foundations were not good, since he had been harmfully frozen as a child. Although the spring rain was not cold, but sitting in the rain for 2 hours, even the average person would get sick, let alone him. Thinking about this, he busily pushed Mu Hanzhang to go soak in the hot spring pool again for a while. 

Chen’s health is very good,” Seeing the intention of Jing Shao, Mu Hanzhang said while smiling, “Previously I kneeled in the rain for six hours, and didn’t even get sick, let alone…” Seeing Jing Shao’s expression had changed, Mu Hanzhang realized that he had accidentally said too much again, and quickly pulled him onto the bed.

Because this alternate residence was constructed for the purpose of resting and playing, the bed in the alternate residence more spacious than in the official manor. Jing Shao crawled a little further into the interior of the bed, moving close to Mu Hanzhang’s side and lying down, his gaze faintly burning with fury: “Why?” 

“At that time, my wet nurse committed a crime, I did it in order to protect her,” Mu Hanzhang leaned on the layered big cushions at the head of the bed, and wrapped the wound on Jing Shao’s hand with the cloth and medicine he has just found, “Isn’t it very common for children to be punished with kneeling for a long time?”  

At that time, the son of the wet nurse was caught  pilfering things from the mansion, and the Fu Ren wanted to expel the both of them, mother and son, from the household. When he had fallen into the lake that year, it was the wet nurse who took care of him without rest, and actually saved his life. The Fu Ren did not give her a way out, but ultimately still felt that he, a bastard son was more of an eyesore. He spent six hours kneeling on his own, until his grandmother couldn’t stand to watch anymore, finally saving the wet nurse and her son, and only making them go to the villages to live.

Jing Shao heard this, and the corner of his mouth twitched up into a bitter smile: “Yes, I’ve also knelt in front of Qin Zheng Hall for a day and a night.”  

Mu Hanzhang covered the person next to him with a quilt, and slid into the blankets himself,  and then using one hand to support his head, he lay on his side and looked at him: “One day and one night?” Cheng Wang is a legitimate son of a first wife, unexpectedly he also wasn’t able to pass his days getting everything he wished for?

“At that time, I insisted on going to the military camps. Imperial Father said that if I could kneel in front of the Qinzheng Hall for 24 hours, then he would let me go,” Jing Shao mockingly laughed at himself. “Without Imperial Mother protecting us, my brother and I’s lives in the palace wouldn’t even be as good as that of the eldest prince the favorite concubine had. At that time I only thought about wanting to lead troops, wanting to hold authority over the military, in order to kill all of those people who bullied me!”