Chapter 24

Ch24 - Ruo Yi

Their stroll ended in advance, as they had run into Mu Lingbao and the others. On the way back, Mu Hanzhang sat on horseback thinking about how those three people had clearly been hit yet still had to put on apologetic smiles, and couldn’t help but want to laugh. 

Lowering his head, seeing that the person in his embrace was pursing his lips trying to not laugh, Jing Shao decided that in the future he would find more opportunities to beat those three up well. During that year when Mu Lingbao had pushed his younger brother into the water, those two cousins were also at the scene, he would wait until the twenty-seventh day after the Winter Solstice, and also have people throw them into river water to steep for a while.

The Cheng Wang’s alternate residence was in the east part of the city and the piece of desolate forest the North Marquis’ residence had given to him was also in the Eastern part of the city. Riding Xiao Hei there was not far, before one’s eyes appeared a scene of disorderly rocks and wildly growing trees. Mu Hanzhang turned his head to look at the contemplating Jing Shao, was he still thinking about that pink clothed girl? Thinking of his reaction at that time, the corner of his mouth that had been turned up slowly became a straight line. “Xiao Shao…” 

“En?” Jing Shao snapped out of it, lowered his head to look at him.

Who is that girl? The words that he wanted to ask reached his mouth yet were swallowed down again, Mu Hanzhang smoothed his lips, turning his head to look towards that piece of wild forest: “What should be planted in these wild forests so that it can earn money?”

“The wild forest?” Jing Shao lifted his head to look at the piece of forest, and sneered, “this kind of forest with lots of rocks but little soil, you can’t even ride a horse here or go hunting….” Speaking up to now, Jing Shao suddenly pulled on the reins, stopping to look at the piece of wild forest in front of them and pondered.

This piece of forest was at least three hundred mu, all of it was rubble and wild-growing trees, there were also densely packed bushes, weeds, and it was impossible to see the situation inside. It was precisely a great place to station troops! Moreover, this place was only 20 li away from the capital! Alas,  it was a pity that all the land in the suburbs already had owners. During that time when □□ was conquering what would become this country, he divided the land around the capital to a few Dukes and Marquises who helped found the country. If he openly bought this piece of useless wild forest, it would definitely cause people to harbor suspicions. 

“Jun Qing, do you know who this forest belongs to?” If he obtained this piece of forest, then many things would be easier to accomplish, in the future if there was even a just chance, then there would still be a guarantee, even if he had to spend some effort, Jing Shao still wanted to get ahold of this piece of land.

Mu Hanzhang lowered his head, lightly sighed saying: “This piece of forest, right now it is a large part of the family property portioned for me.”  

Jing Shao stared blankly for a moment, then laughed heartily and gave the person in his arms a kiss on the cheek: “Jun Qing, you really are my lucky star!”

“En?” This time, it was Mu Hanzhang’s turn to stare blankly.  

“I take the hundred mu of fertile land in Shanxi and exchange it with you for this piece of desolate forest, all right?” Jing Shao lightly kicked the horse’s abdomen, letting Xiao Hei let loose and happily begin to gallop.