Chapter 21

Ch21 - Opportunity

It was rare for Jing Shao to see his family’s Wang Fei lost in thought. Thinking it was amusing, he moved closer and took advantage of the unprepared person, lightly pecking his slightly pursed lips.

“Ah!” Mu Hanzhang was startled, and discovered that it was Jing Shao. He couldn’t help but stare at him, “What is Wang Ye doing?” 

“It’s rare to see you in a daze.” Jing Shao smiled and sat down next to him. Zhi Xi ladled out soup and set out the meal for the two of them, then withdrew.

Mu Hanzhang picked up the soup bowl and took a sip in silence. He felt that the soup tonight had a particularly fragrant taste.

“Jun Qing, do you want to learn how to fight with a hidden weapon?” Jing Shao ate a few mouthfuls of food. When he saw that Mu Hanzhang was only drinking the bowl of soup, he picked up a piece of fish and gave it to him.

“Hidden weapon?” Mu Hanzhang looked at him with some doubts. “How come you suddenly thought about this?” 

“There is a virtuous hero in the Jianghu, people call him the Ghost of Nine Blades.” Jing Shao smiled and thought about that person’s appearance. He really did look like a ghost. “This person went to my other residence to apply for a job today.” 

Mu Hanzhang had never heard of this Ghost of Nine Blades. However, if he was a famous hero in the Jianghu, why would he devote himself as a Wang Ye’s subordinate? Didn’t those kinds of people always stay very far away from the imperial court? 

Jing Shao smiled, and, seeing that he liked drinking the soup, he ladled him another bowl: “Nowadays, mixing about in the Jianghu does not earn you much money. If these heroes are not willing to do some tasks involving murdering for money, then their life will be very hard pressed for money.”

Legend has it that a few hundred years ago, the martial arts community had been really prosperous. At that time, leaders of martial arts sects could even withstand the imperial household. However, nowadays, those ancient, unique martial arts have already died out. The so-called martial arts experts could only be imperial guards of the highest rank, and that was pretty much it. Moreover, most of the highly skilled experts would test as military candidates in the imperial provincial examinations, so there were not many true martial arts left.  

However, some talented people who lived separated from civilians still existed, such as that Ghost of Nine Blades who specialized in concealed weaponry.

“Hidden weapons are things that one needs to have trained with from a young age, moreover I can’t train internal force. Even if I learn it well, the power will be greatly reduced.” Mu Hanzhang thought about it, and then shook his head and refused. 

“Jun Qing?” Jing Shao quickly put down the cup in his hand and held Mu Hanzhang’s hand that kept on trembling. “What happened?”

“I… en,” Mu Hanzhang’s complexion changed greatly. He cautiously stood up, but his feet had gone soft. He almost fell, but was hugged into Jing Shao’s arms.