Chapter 11

Chapter 11 - Villa

The black steed carrying the handsome prince swooshed by on the streets, and the common people who set up stalls on the street kept their calm and one after the other got out of the way.

“Did you see? If you keep on being noisy, then we’ll just let the Cheng Wang take you away.” The woman who sold vegetables threw down her basket, and pointed to the silhouette flying by to the child who wouldn’t stop crying.

Jing Shao reined in his horse to slow down his speed, and happened to hear this sentence, could not help but knit his brows.

“Rumor says that the Cheng Wang is tyrannical, killing 100,000 prisoners of war on the battlefield, just a mention of his name causes young children’s nightmares.” This was one of the justifications for why during that time, those people accused him of official misconduct, he killed and took prisoner, 100,000 people. Really ridiculous, not to even mention the campaign against the Xiongnu nomads, he himself only brought 50,000 troops and horses, the entire Xiongnu military did not even have 100,000 people. During that time, he led 2,000 troops to surround the Xiongnu with their general, trying to urge them to surrender, but those people’s nature was fierce, even facing death they would not surrender, so he just let people kill wave by wave, at the very end, the general when trying to take a group of soldiers to break out of the enclosure, he was beheaded by Jing Shao. The living people they were able to capture was less than 500, moreover, each of them hated all the Chinese troops to the bone, if they did not kill them then it would cause no end to trouble. 

It turned out, that rumors have already been circulating since this time.

The weather was sunny and cloudless today, the sun slid in from the open window, and the wide sandalwood desk was warm. Mu Hanzhang sat at the desk, holding an accounting ledger, and carefully checking his dowry.

The North Marquis’ House had a great line of business, but their numbers were also large. After calculating, the total amount of property allocated to him was less than 30,000 silver taels His mother who did the accounting had looked through it and could pick out any problems. Although 30,000 did not make him lack too much, it also did not let him receive any additional advantages. Moreover, they could not give him any ancestral properties or land, and after the passing of the new year, the actual silver given to him was basically nothing. All that was left to him were some untouchable villages, farmland, and then some silver was also used to deal with his wedding attire and the like.

In the eastern outskirts, he remembered that there is a barren forest, with black locust plants growing thickly, and craggy, rocky soil, making it impossible to plant anything. It was also not suitable for building a courtyard. It was basically a waste. And this vast piece of soil still accounted for most of his “family property.” Mu Hanzhang sneered, Concubine Du was really not afraid of people criticizing her behind her back!

However, in this way, he basically has no cash in his hands. The 100,000 taels that his mother gave me was a lump sum, and he did not want to move this sum of money unless absolutely necessary.

“It must be about the matter of household allowances. If she says that it will take a few months to hand over the account books, you must not agree to her.” Yun Zhu wrinkled his nose, his tone quite resentful. 

Hearing this, Mu Hanzhang, didn’t say anything, only invited Madam Song into the small study.

Song Lingxin skillfully smiled as she walked in: “Qie visited rather rudely previously, hoping Wang Fei will not blame.”

Mu Hanzhang was impatient in dealing with her, and after exchanging civilities for a couple of sentences he asked her what the issue was.

“According to the customs, after Wang Fei has crossed the threshold, all the economic affairs of the family should be handed over to you. It is only that the prince’s palace has always distributed the silver the first of every month. There are many affairs this month, handing it over now to Wang Fei, I am afraid things will go wrong, so Qie came to ask Wang Fei to allow this subordinate to retain it.” Song Lingxin said with a smile.