Prologue

“Wounds heal. Love lasts. We remain.”

― Kristin Hannah, The Nightingale

Weeks passed, so did many hopeful days and lonely nights, summer turned autumn and moments to memories

The reason I'm still holding up, the reason I don't cry anymore, the reason I smile and get through the day: Jasper's and my baby, the little bean that's growing in my belly.

The little life Jasper and I created gives me hope to live another day. I place my hand on my stomach, our little bean turns 10 weeks today.

"Ready dear?" Dad knocks on my door. I grab my purse and open the door, Dad smiles at me, smile I hug him.

"Good morning papá."

"Good morning. Did you have morning sickness again?" He asks as we walk out.

"Yeah. But I'm fine." I smile at him, he pats my head smiling back.

"Don't bottle up your emotions Samantha. It's not good for you and the baby."

"I'm not papá, why would I? Jasper will come back, I know."

"He's dea–"

"No papá no. They still haven't found his body, he's still there somewhere and I'm sure he'll come back to me." I get in the car.

Dad gets in and we drive to the hospital, Jacob meets us there. He's ecstatic about the baby, the baby is what's keeping us all sane at this point.

"How's my nephew today?" He hugs me.

"Your niece is fine, how's uncle Jacob?" I smile, he frowns.

"He's sad coz he wants a nephew." He pouts and I pat his cheek. Him and Dad greet each other then we walk in.

Doctor Ellis is as cheerful as ever, the tests are normal and she tells us the baby is growing healthily.

We walk to our car, Jacob stops me midway. "When are you coming back?" He asks hesitantly.

I sigh, "I don't wanna come back." I pout.

His eyes widen, "Why not?"

"I'll miss my dad. So I won't come. And my mood swings is something only my dad can handle." I smile.

The hormones make me a totally different person, I broke so many vases and glass then I cried tubs of tears. I hate to feel so emotional.

"I can handle them." He says with confidence, "I'll get you sweets, pickles, baby socks. Everything and anything you'll ask for. I'm lonely without you at home." He whines.

"She needs rest Prince Jacob." Dad comes from behind and wraps an arm around me. "You can always come visit her at my mansion."

"It's not the same." Jacob tell him then looks at me. "Please?"

I look at Dad, "I'll go." I tell him, he looks worried in an instant. "I'll be fine. And I'll call you if I'm not okay."

He nods after thinking for a long time. I get in the car with Jacob, he looks like he's won a lottery.

"You missed me that much?" I ask unable to hold back my smile. He glances at me then back at the road.

"I did. At breakfast, lunch, dinner, horse riding, everytime." He says which makes me laugh.

I ruffle back of his head, "I missed you too." My mood suddenly does downhill. "Being there would make me miss him even more."

He gives me a worried glance, "He'll come back. For us, you and the baby." He says which makes me smile.

"He has to, or I'll hunt him down."

*

Hello! Thank you for your support, it literary made me tear up.
Love you all!:)
Do vote and comment!!