Chapter 14 - Samantha

"It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you."
- Roald Dahl, The Witches

"That's such a cute baby bump!" Eleanor comes to hug me, I grin hugging her back

"It's nice seeing you!" I say, then greet Aunt Catherine.

She looks me up and down before greeting me back, "Congratulations on your pregnancy Your highness." She says.

Jasper wraps his arm around me, "Thank you Aunt Catherine." He says.

"Might I have a word with you in private Queen Samantha?" She asks, Jasper's hold on me tightens.

I smile at her, "Sure." We walk to the garden. The butler sets the table for us and gets refreshments.

She pours herself a cup of tea, "How are the doctor appointments going?" She asks.

"They are great, the baby is growing nicely and healthily." I smile.

She nods, "I heard Jasper brought in a lady who saved his life." She says making a weird feeling creep inside my chest.

"Yes, her name is Beth Holston. She helped Jasper recover from the crash, she has a brother named Ace too."

"I'd like to meet her sometime." She says to which I nod.

Another phase of silence passes, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up at Jasper who's looking down at me.

"Are you okay?" He asks, I can't help but smile at how much he worries about me.

"I feel a little drowsy." I say, he looks at Aunt Catherine.

"We'll see you at dinner Aunt Catherine." He says and gives me a hand to stand.

Aunt Catherine watches us as we leave, "You didn't have to come." I say.

He wraps his arm around me, "I feel nervous when you're not around me." He presses his head to mine. "And I don't want you keeping things to yourself and stressing. It's not good for you or the baby." He says making me smile.

I can't help but adore this man, he's everything I could ever dream of. "Did I offend you?" He stops near the stairs to put both his hands on my waist.

I shake my head wrapping my arms around his neck, "I was wondering how I got this lucky." I say making him blush a little.

He kisses my cheek softly, "You had to change souls to find me." He says.

I scoff, "It wasn't on purpose but I can't be more grateful for it. I wouldn't do it any other way." I say, he looks at me with so much love my heart melts.

"Promise me you'll never leave me." He asks.

I blink, "How funny of you to think I'll ever be able to live without you." I press my palm to his face, he tilts his head to kiss it.

"I'll keep you and the baby safe." He hugs me closer, "I won't let anything hurt to you."

I smile resting my head on his shoulder. "I know I'm the safest in your arms." I say.

I feel him kiss the top of my head. "I'll try my best."

We go to our room to get some rest then get ready for dinner.

"I have got fater." I sigh standing in my dress infront of the mirrior.

Jasper comes to hug me from behind, "But you look more beautiful than you were before." His smiles makes butterflies flutter in my belly.

I grab his face and turn around, "Don't smile like that infront of anyone other than me." I say, he looks amused.

He leans down smirking and kisses me, "Your wish is my command, my queen." He says making me smile.

I stare at this perfect human being who's mine and only mine.

"If this is a dream. I never wanna wake up." I say, he holds my hand and kisses my fingers.

"I'll he there even when you wake up." We walk downstairs.

I quickly place his hand on my belly and just on cue the baby kicks, Jasper looks startled making me laugh.

He grins then kneels down, "Hey honey, it's papá." He kisses my belly.

I ruffle his hairs, "Get up before anyone comes." I say.

He narrows his eyes at me, "Why?"

"You're the king Jasper, you kneel to no one."

He shakes his head, "Kneeling infront of you is my favorite position to be in." He smirks making me blush.

"Stop!" I whisper making him laugh, he stands and kisses my lips quickly.

"I love you." He says, I roll my eyes hitting his chest playfully.

"Those three words have me tied." I say making him grin.

We enter the dinning hall, "Why are you late?" Aunt Catherine asks.

"I was talking to my baby." Jasper says proudly sitting at the head of the table.

Jacob and Justin look at me weirdly, "The baby started to kick around last week." I say making their eyes widen.

"I want to feel too." Jacob says asking if he could touch my belly, I shake my head.

"It's very subtle, I'll let you feel it once it's strong enough." I say, he pouts.

"Lucky brother Jasper." He says.

Jasper smirks, "Perks of being a father." He says making me chuckle.

"The baby is going to love me more than you, note it. I'll he the best Uncle ever." Jacob counters.

"You have to get past me for that." Justin says challengingly.

"May we have dinner?" Aunt Catherine intervenes, Jasper nods and the food gets served.

"I respect your requests Aunt Catherine but since you are in our home I expect a little cooperation from you. Here things go the way my queen wants, and she doesn't like to eat silently." Jasper says making me almost choke on my food.

My eyes widen, "Jasper." I say, he shakes his head stopping me.

"Also please retrain from mentioning my second marriage, I won't let anything happen to my queen, she'll give birth healthily and we'll bring up the child together." He says, I look at Aunt Catherine she looks furious and very offended.

"Jasper that's enough." I say.

"I'm just making things clear." He says.

"Looks like I'm not very much welcomed here." Aunt Catherine raises and leaves, Eleanor follows her in dilema.

"Why would you talk to her like that?" I snap standing.

"I wanted things sorted out." He says, I sigh.

"There were others ways to do it, I'll be right back." I follow Eleanor.

"Aunt Catherine!" I call, she stops then glares at me.

"I thought you were better than gossiping such things to your husband." She snaps.

"I have no idea how he know about it. I never told him." I say.

She then looks at Eleanor who lowers her head guiltily.

She laughs cruelly, "Well still it proves nothing other than the fact that you are weak and need his protection." She looks me in the eye. "Beth would make a better Queen."

**
Do vote and comment!!