Chapter 4 - Jasper

"Gamble everything for love, if you are a true human being."
― Rumi, The Essential Rumi

"Where is my sister-in-law?" Jacob marches into my office, he looks angry

I sign the last few files and get ready to leave. I'm not coming back to this office till I have my queen back, nothing here matters more than her.

"What did you do?" Jacob follows me outside, I button my suit while getting in the elevator.

I press the button to the ground floor, "I messed up Jacob, and I'll do my best to undo it." I say.

"I don't understand brother." He runs a hand in his hairs. "What happened? She was happy last night."

"We had a fight and she somehow found about the contract." I give him a suspicious look.

"What? No way! I swear I didn't tell her, I totally forgot about it." He says quickly.

"Yeah." I push my hands in my pockets. "I spoke something I regret, I'm going to do my best to get her back."

Jacob surprises me with a hug, "Please do, coz if you loose her she's not the only one you'll be loosing." He says before leaving.

"Jacob!" I call but he makes a run for his car, what did he mean by that?

"Jasper." I turn to Beth, she smiles walking towards me. "Did you just arrive?" She asks.

I shake my head, "No, I'm leaving." I turn around.

"Leaving? Are you going somewhere?" She comes next to me.

"Beth, I get that you saved my life and for that I gave you a reputable position in my kingdom. But we aren't close, never were, never will be. Please refrain from acting like such." I dip my chin and walk to my waiting car.

"Jasper wait!" Beth grabs my arm which I instantly shake off, she looks at me with teary eyes. "Please don't say that." She pleads.

"Beth-"

"I don't like it, I don't want to act like we are strangers or business partners. I want to be your friend." She says.

Why is ever women in my life so hard to deal with, except my queen is the only one I want to deal with whole heartedly.

"I don't want this position, I don't want anything. I just want to be close to you." She says.

I groan rubbing my face, "Fine." I hover over her intimidatingly, "But remember I have a wife and I don't want her misunderstanding anything between us." I warn.

She tilts her head, "Is that why she left the palace?"

My fists clench involuntarily, "She will return, soon. I'll make sure of it." I get inside my car.

"The Duke's place Kevin."

I make a stop at the flower shop on the way to get her favorite frangipanis.

Kevin parks outside the Duke's mansion, he runs to open the door for me. I get off buttoning my suit, I've never been here before.

The mansion is probably half the size of my palace, no wonder my queen always got lost. The guards bow and let me in, Aaron comes to greet me.

"Good morning your majesty, should I call the queen to see you?" He asks.

"No, take me to her." I answer, he nods and leads the way upstairs.

Duke Samuel is probably out or he'd have put a fight before letting me see his daughter, Aaron stops outside a door.

"Her majesty might still be sleeping." He informs.

I narrow my eyes, "She never sleeps till this late." I check the time on my wrist watch which says one hour to noon.

"That's probably because of the morning sick-" He stops himself abruptly, I don't even catch the last words.

"Because of what?" I tilt my head.

He nods, "Because she was disturbed last night." He says.

It's suspicious but I nod anyway, "You may leave." I say before entering the room.

It's still dark inside, I lock the door behind me. The bed is surrounded with curtains, the windshields are pulled down and the air conditioning is high.

I smile walking closer to the bed, I place the bouquet on her nightstand and pull the curtain to a side so I can see her clearly. She's snuggled in a blanket like a caterpillar -cute and adorable.

I take of my blazer and get next to her, she hmms and snuggles closer to me. I wrap my arm around her tightly, everything inside me settles. I feel relieved that she's in my arms safe and sound but also scared that she'll push me away once she wakes up.

I kiss the top of her head, "I love you so much darling." I tell her. I used to think I was not ready to tell her those right letters yet but once I've let it out, not saying them more hurts.

I want to tell her every second how much she means to me and how much I love her. She challenged me that she'll change and stop trying to fit in.

That's what I want, she no puzzle piece to fit in. She being herself brings me the most happiness, I'll love every side of her. Good or bad, she's mine.

I forcefully pull myself away, I should leave before she wakes up or I'll end up upsetting her more. I don't want last night to repeat again, I must be possessed to snap at her like that. I don't even know what I was thinking or doing but I sure as hell know I messed up, I'm going to make up for all the ugly words I said.

I grab my blazer and pull out the letter I wrote for her last night, she won't talk to me but I'm sure she'll read my letter.

I don't want to burden her with my experiences but seems like I have no option left, I give her what she wants and if she wants my story then it's all her to read and know.

I put the letter under the bouquet, I kiss her forehead, "I'll be your home soon my queen." I say before leaving.

**
Who's excited for moree??

3rd update of the day! The last one too, have a great day/night:))

Do vote and comment!!