Chapter 13 - Samantha

“Happiness is holding someone in your arms and knowing you hold the whole world.”
― Orhan Pamuk, Snow

I take a walk in the garden while looking at the pretty flowers, Alice does most of my work letting me rest enough

I take a walk in the garden while looking at the pretty flowers, Alice does most of my work letting me rest enough. Sir Aaron follows me from a distance as always.

I spot Beth on a bench, it looks like she's crying. I make my way to her.

"Are you okay?" I ask and she gets startled, quickly wiping her tears she gets on her feet to greet me.

"Your highness, I'm fine." She bows. I nod sitting on the bench and asking her to sit.

"I hope your stay is comfortable, I didn't get a chance to properly talk to you before." I say.

"Yes it's very nice here, it would be better if I didn't have to go to the office. The people there don't seem to like me." She says smiling a little.

The old men can be troubling at times, I remember how judgmental they are. The only reason they approved of my marriage with Jasper is because I'm the Duke's daughter.

"You can work from the palace I its hard for you." I say, she looks at me then my baby bump.

"It must be hard working while being pregnant." She says, I chuckle placing a hand on my belly.

"A little, Alice handles everything for me." I say.

"I can help." She offers instantly. I look at her, "I'm good at managing, I can be of great help." She says.

I nod, "I'll ask Jasper and let you know." I reply.

"Why do you need his permission? I mean you are the queen." She raises her brow.

"I am but I prefer talking things first with my king, I'm not well versed when it comes to this things." I smile at her.

"I'm just saying it's time consuming, nothing else." She shrugs. "His majesty already has so much on his plate, disturbing him for such small matters doesn't look nice." She says.

My heart clenches at how much sense her words make, no wonder she made a great queen. And to think I died while reading her sleep with Jasper makes me feel like throwing up. Thank God I switched before reading it or I'd never be able to look at them, or fall in love with Jasper.

"You're right." I say, "I'll let Madam Carla know that you'll be helping Alice from now." I stand.

She smiles nodding, "I'm honored." She says and I nod.

"Your Majesty." Sir Aaron comes to me, "Lady Catherine will be arriving soon." He whispers to me.

My eyes widen, "How soon?" I ask.

He hesitates before answering, "Before dinner today." He says making me groan.

"Ask Madam Carla to start preparing, I'll talk to the princes." I tell him.

I turn to Beth, "Jasper's Aunt is visiting, she'll probably want to meet you so be prepared." I tell her before going inside.

Jacob gives me a knowing look, "Why? She just visited half an year ago." He whines.

I sigh, "No idea, probably because she wants to see Jasper and." I look at my belly, "My baby." I say.

"She's going to be very talkative about it, you need to be strong Sam." Justin says.

"Yeah." I say remembering the words she told me last time about finding another wife for Jasper because I'll probably die while giving birth. "I hate this." I say startling everyone and go to my room.

What are the possibilities that I'll really die? Nobody talks about it.

What if I really die? Jasper and my baby will be alone, will Beth become their wife and mother?

No, I'm Jasper's wife and the baby's mother. No one can replace me. "No one." I wipe my tears and go to bath.

Gwen comes in time to help me get ready. "You look beautiful." I'm startled by Jasper hugging me from behind and kissing my cheek. I was so much in thought I didn't even realize when he came.

I turn around and hug him, being in his arms makes me feel safe. He kisses my hairs while rubbing my back soothingly.

"I missed you too darling." He says making me hug him tighter. "Are you okay?" He asks concerned.

I nod, "I just want you to hold me for a while." I say, he obeys.

We stay in each others arms for a while before I finally pull away. "You are my everything Jasper." I say, his brows pull together in confusion. "I want to be your only one." I say.

"What happened?" He holds my face in his hands.

I shake my head, "I'm feeling insecure, I don't understand why you love me." I say keeping my tears at bay.

"Oh darling." He hugs me again, "What's there not to love about you? From the tip of your hair to your toe nail I love everything about you." He kisses the top of my head.

There's a knock on the door, "Lady Catherine is here my king." The butler says.

"Give us a moment." Jasper dismisses him.

"We should go." I move away but he grabs me.

"Let me make one thing clear to you, my queen." He kisses my palm, looking straight into my soul. "I won't let anything happen to you, no force in the universe can make us apart." He says filling my heart with warmth and love.

A tear slips my eye, he wipes it and kisses me tenderly. "I love you and only you." He says.

"I love you." I say kissing him back.

"It's me and you until the end." He says and I nod crying while laughing.

"Always And Forever." I say.

**
Do vote!:)