Chapter 10 - Jasper

"Oh, you can't describe someone you're in love with!"
― Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Desire

"Oh, you can't describe someone you're in love with!"― Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Desire

"Let's hear what you have to say." I ask as Beth sits across me. "But let me warn you." I lean closer, "Watch what you say, we aren't in your hometown and here every word leaving your mouth bears consequences." I say.

If she's nervous she doesn't show, I relax into the chair and raise my chin for her to start talking.

She open a folder and takes out some papers. "You know I'm a curious person." She says and I nod. "When I met Duke Samuel, I wanted to know what kind of a person he was. Because I was fascinated by him." She goes on.

"So what did you find?" I rub my chin with my finger trying to read her while intimidating her.

She nods then hands out the papers to me, I take them. "Duke Samuel visits this man - Carlos, very often." She says, the man in the photo seems familiar. "When I searched for who he was I found out he was the only survivor of the accident your parents died in."

Unknown emotions rush in my head at the mention on mother and father, "You are saying Duke Samuel might be behind the accident?" I hiss with anger.

Her eyes widen, "No, no, it's just suspicious. What business does the Duke have with a driver who survived?" She says quickly then hesitates before speaking again, "He even gives him money every month."

"And how do you know that?"

"I followed him." She says hesitantly.

I stand and walk to look outside my kingdom, my office has a clear view of everything beautiful I own.

"If my theory is right then the Duke make be responsible for your plane crash as well."

Those words hit close to home, I clench my fists in my pocket. "Stop it Beth. You have no idea how many people he set out to find me."

I turn around to face her, she stands and walks closer. I watch her curiously, "Check it out for yourself Jasper, I just wish the best for you." She goes to hug me but I take a step back.

"What do you think you're doing?" I glare at her.

She flinchs, "I'm sorry, but why are you being so wary of me? I used to help you all the time when you were injured." She argues.

"That was different, you nursed me and I'm heartly thankful. But now I'm the King, even my family doesn't touch me carelessly." I say.

Her fists clench by her side, "But she touches you everytime." She mumbles.

I tilt my head, she shakes her head before heading for the door. "I'll see you at dinner." She says opening the door.

"That won't be possible." I say.

"Are you really mad at me?" She groans.

"Not really, I'm taking my queen out for dinner." I inform, she tenses.

"Have a good time then." She smiles then walks out.

I let out a breath before taking out my phone to call my queen.

"Hi." She sounds tired.

"What's wrong?" I straighten with worry.

"Nothing, just threw a few times. My head feels like it'll burst." She groans.

"Did you call the doctor?" I walk out, I signal Stephen to get my car ready.

"It isn't that serious, I'll be fine." She chuckles, "Why did you call?"

"I missed you." I say getting in the elevator.

She sighs, "Stop making me miss you more." She sounds like she'll cry.

I quickly get into the car, "Drive fast." I tell Kevin.

"Where are you right now?" I ask panicking.

"Our bedroom." She says, Kevin parks the car and I quickly rush out.

"Okay." I end the call and run upstairs, I don't stop by to greet Carla or anyone.

I open the door and find her sitting in a corner sobbing, "My Queen." I breath walking to her.

She blinks then rushes into my arms, I hug her tightly. "I don't know what to do." She cries, "I feel like I'd mess up everything." She says.

I kiss the top of her head, "I'm scared too darling, I'm scared that I'll dissappoint the baby and you." I say.

She looks up at me, "You'll be a good father Jasper." She says making me smile.

"Tell me what happened." I sit on the bed and cradle her in my arms like a baby.

She shakes her head, "I just realised I have no idea about a baby, what if it doesn't like me, what if I'm not a good enough mother. I even . . ." Her voice cracks and she gulps, "I even thought that the baby won't want me as it's mother." She sobs.

"Darling." I take her face in my hand, "It's our baby." I wipe her tears, "It'll love us as much as we'll love it. And it's so lucky to have a caring mother like you." I kiss her forehead.

Her sobs fade as she hiccups softly, I pat her back holding her closer. She chuckles suddenly.

"How do you always calm me?" She asks making me smile.

"I don't know, but I can't watch you crying in pain. I'd do anything to take it away."

She wraps her arms around me, "Thank you for always being there, and sorry for being such a bother." She rests her head on my chest.

"You never bother me. And I love to hold you close, now and forever. I'll always be there for you." I promise her.

I look down and find her asleep, my lips pull up. I place her on the bed and go out to see Carla.

"What's wrong my king?" She asks as I enter her office.

I take a seat sighing, "My Queen seems to be worrying a lot regarding the baby. I hope you can do something to lessen her worries. I don't want her self doubting." I say.

"It's normal for mothers to freak out sometimes, don't worry I'll look after her." She says.

I nod and stand, "I'm counting on your words." I leave the room.

Today's been such a Rollercoaster, I get into the car. "Duke Samuel's place." I tell Kevin.

I have to make some things clear with him.

**

Sorry, sorry really sorry. I totally forgot about this and I'm really really guilty. Please forgive me.
No more promises tho:)