Chapter 16 - Samantha

“Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.”
― Ursula K. Le Guin, The Lathe of Heaven

I woke up cuddled with my handsome husband

I woke up cuddled with my handsome husband. It's dark outside, the moonlight is peeking in through the curtains.

I carefully get out of his arms, I put on his shirt and sit on the bed watching him sleep, I feel lucky to have him. I touch my stomach, I don't think I'll fall asleep again, he's sleeping too peacefully. I move closer to him and move some hairs from his face and kiss his forehead.

He moves and opens his eyes slowly, I smile and pat his face, he kisses my palm smiling goofyly.

"Can't sleep?" He asks in a deep voice. I shake my head and he sits up. The sheets fall over his waist hiding just the thing.

He rubs his eyes and runs a hand in his hairs.

"You should sleep, you look tired." I tell him but he shakes his head.

He leans in and kisses me softly. "Why not watch the missed sunset?"

"Huh?"

"We planned to watch sunset on our honeymoon remember,  but someone who's good at drinking couldn't make it." He says and I smack him with a pillow.

"I am good at drinking."

"Sure." His tone is mocking and I hit him a few more times.

"Okay, okay. Come let's get ready for the sunrise." He gets off the bed, I fall back and watch his back as he walks to the bathroom.

He turns and I quickly look at his face, "Aren't you coming?" He smirks.

"Yes!" I quickly run to him and he laughs.

We take a nice shower with lots of love. This man has bewitched me.

"I'm too exhausted for the sunrise." I fall back on the bed with hands wide spread. I'm only wearing pink panties, showering for a long time makes me tired.

He takes my hand and makes me sit. He slides his sweatshirt over my head and I put my hands in it.

"You need to start working out then. I'll help with the sleep and exhaust." He says and it literally gives me butterflies.

He grabs the comb and hops behind me and combs my hairs.

"I was wondering."

"Hmm."

"That."

"What?"

"What did I do?" I turn to face him and he looks at me with confusion, "To deserve you?"

He smiles and kisses my forehead, he makes me turn ahead so he can comb me.

"You don't have to do anything, you deserve the best."