Chapter 15 - Samantha

“Gamble everything for love, if you are a true human being.”
― Rumi, The Essential Rumi

"She's bold and can make her own decisions, she'd do so much better than you could

"She's bold and can make her own decisions, she'd do so much better than you could." Aunt Catherine finishes.

Something in me ticks, I take a slow warning step closer to her. She visiblely tenses, "Don't make the mistake of mentioning another women for my husband infront of me again." I say.

"I handled all the political and economic matters for three months that Jasper was missing, I held on when everyone thought he was dead. Also I'll be giving birth to his heir soon. I'll prove myself over and over again as many time it may require to show everyone that I deserve to be his queen." I announce.

I don't look away until she bows her head, "I apologize for my wrong words." She says, on que I turn around and leave.

I find Jasper waiting for me, "Did the other way work?" He asks knowingly.

I sigh, "I tried." I say, he smiles wrapping an arm around me. "I'm craving some ice cream." I say as we walk upstairs.

He nods, "I'll ask a maid to get it to our room."

"Strawberry one." I say and he nods again.

He helps me get in the bed, the maid gets the ice cream. Jasper cuddles me and feeds me.

"What did Aunt Catherine say?" He asks.

I shake my head, "Just about me being weak and dependent on you." I open my mouth for him to feed me.

"What did you say?" He asks, his voice soft and expecting.

I look up at him with a smile, "I only act weak and dependent on you because I love being cared and protected by you." I take the spoon from him, "But that doesn't mean I'll let them walk over me in your absence." I shrug.

He laughs taking back the spoon, "I can't imagine what Aunt Catherine's reaction would have been." He says feeding me.

I smirk looking at him, "She apologized." I say proudly.

His eyes widen,  "You are a wolf in a sheep's clothing." He sets the bowl on the nightstand.

I straddle him cunningly, "Too bad you realised late, I have already marked you as my mate." I bite on his neck.

"I'm totally at your mercy my queen." He flips us over. "Now sleep, you need eight hours of rest." He gets into father mode real quick.

"I was having fun." I pout, he kiss my lips then pulls the comforter over us.

"Sweet dreams darling." He wraps an arm around me.

I snuggle into his chest inhaling his familiar scent, "You too husband." I say before falling asleep.

*

Next day we are all called in the living room, Aunt Catherine brings an invitation card and hands it to me.

I look at Jasper who's next to me, he slightly shakes his head not knowing about it.

"What's this Aunt Catherine?" I ask, she smiles.

"Open and see your majesty." She says.

I open the card, it's a wedding invitation. It takes me a moment to register Eleanor's name.

"You're getting married?" I look at her, she gives me a small smile then bows.

"What? To whom?" Jasper takes the card from my hand, he gets angry reading the grooms name. "No way in hell it's happening." He crumbles the card.

Aunt Catherine looks startled, "Why what's wrong?" She asks panicked.

"He hit Eleanor on multiple occasions, and also has a lover." Jasper says making me gasp.

"It was just an accident, and there's no lover. What are you talking about?" Aunt Catherine argues.

"I know him Aunt Catherine, and most of all Eleanor isn't happy with the marriage." He says, I walk to Eleanor who's still looking down.

"She is, or else why would I go ahead with the wedding?" Aunt says.

"Are you Eleanor?" Jasper asks authoratively.

Eleanor takes a shaky breath, "I'm okay with the wedding. He's a good man who'll take care of me." She smiles nervously.

"See? They both love each other." Aunt says.

Jasper laughs, "Is this really what you want Eleanor?" He asks again.

We all are startled by a vase falling, we turn to Sir Aaron who looks startled as well, "Sorry your majesty." He bows, we sigh turning back to Eleanor who's eyes linger on Sir Aaron for another second.

I look back at Sir Aaron who's eyes are on Eleanor as well. What's going on between them?

"I asked you something El." Jasper says softer this time.

Eleanor nods, "I want to marry Shaun Wilson." She says, I turn to look at Sir Aaron who dashes out.

"The wedding is next month so I hope you all can come stay at my mansion for the wedding week." Aunt Catherine says.

I take Eleanor's hand in mine, "Are you okay?" I ask, she tries hard to smile and nod.

"Don't make this a big deal now, arranged marriages are common in our circle. Aren't yours like that too?" Aunt Catherine says, I look at Jasper who look really unhappy.

"Yeah, if that's what Eleanor wants." He says and goes upstairs.

"We'll be there Aunt Catherine." I say, giving Eleanor a quick hug I follow Jasper.

"She's lying." Jasper says as I shut the door behind me.

"I know but there must be a reason for that." I place my hand on his back, he turns around shaking his head.

"I'm the King yet she feels unsafe to tell me." He looks sad.

I hold his hands, "There's still time, I'll talk to her again before they leave." I assure him.

He nods.

The day goes by, Jasper doesn't return till midnight. I walk to the balcony unable to sleep without him by my side.

I catch a moving object behind a tree, I can't see clearly due to the distance.

The wheels in my head turn and I go to open my door, Sir Aaron isn't there. He's supposed to be on guard tonight.

I walk east towards Eleanor's room, I softly open it and enter. It's empty, she isn't here either.

The view from her balcony is closer, it indeed is them behind the tree talking to each other.

I'm rather curious to what they'd have to talk about, did I miss something between them?

I get to my room as I see Jasper arrive, he comes to hug me. "I'm sorry I'm late, some paperwork dragged out." He kisses my forehead. "Why are you not asleep. I told you to rest for atleast eight hours." He asks.

I smile hugging him, "I can't sleep without my bed warmer." I tease.

He let's out a chuckle, "I'll take a quick bath then come to warm your bed my queen." He goes towards the bathroom.

"Did you have dinner?" I ask.

He nods going inside the bathroom, I walk to the balcony and find the place vacant. The both aren't there anymore.

Looks like I have another matter to deal with now.

**

Do vote and comment!!