Chapter 24 - Jasper

“My love is selfish. I cannot breathe without you.”
― John Keats, Bright Star: Love Letters and Poems of John Keats to Fanny Brawne

I rush to the hospital as soon as I heard that my queen was awake and went into labor pain

I run to where Justin and the others are waiting.

"How is she?" I ask breathing heavily.

The door opens, the doctor comes out smiling. "The queen wants to see you, your majesty." She says, I quickly rush inside.

I find my queen and baby laying on the bed, my heart pulls and my eyes wet at the precious sight.

"My Queen." I call, she smiles at me and asks me to come closer.

The baby is nothing less than perfection, "It's a girl." My Queen says happily, I wrap my arms around her and kiss the top of her head.

"I love you so much, I'm sorry I wasn't there with you." I say, she shakes her head.

"You were right here with me." She pats on her chest making me more emotional.

I look at my baby girl, "She's beautiful." I say as she stares at me with her big blur eyes.

"She has your eyes." My Queen grins. "Don't you wanna hold her?" She asks, my heart skips a beat.

"No, she's too delicate and will probably cry if I hold her." I look at my baby girl who's pouting and looks like she's about to cry.

"Come on! She's your daughter, she won't cry." My Queen picks our baby in her arms and holds her out to me.

I carefully hold the baby in my arms, she blinks at me. My heart might burst from the happiness, nothing beats holding her little figure in my arms.

"She loves her papá." My Queen says as a tear slips down my cheek.

"Papá love you so much princess." I plant a soft kiss on her head.

The door opens and the others walk in. Jacob is basically jumping in excitement as he comes in, "Are you feeling better?" He asks and my queen nods.

"Never felt better." She says making me smile, Jacob comes to my side.

"Holy moly! She's like a xerox copy of you!" Jacob says trying to take my baby but I don't hand her to him.

"Are you calling me a xerox machine?" My Queen says.

"Maybe you are, we'll know once you give birth to a boy." He says and she blushes hitting him. He laughs and continuing his silent war with me to take the baby.

"Did you think of a name?" Duke Samuel asks, my queen shakes her head.

I look at my little princess, she's looking at Jacob who's making weird faces.

"I have." Jacob says proudly. "Ertha."

"That's a nice name." Duke Samuel says.

"What does it mean?" I ask with all seriousness.

He clears his throat, "Er from JaspER and tha from SamanTHA." He says.

I can't say I'm not amused.

"It means Earth." Alice says making me smile.

"That's perfect." I smile at my baby girl. "Princess Ertha." I say.

She laughs making my heart tingle, "I think she likes her name." My Queen says, I sit next to her and let her look at our baby.

**

It's been a seven months since Ertha was born, everyday I fall in love with her a little more.

I return to my room and find my queen breastfeeding Ertha, my baby stops feeding and turns to look at me.

"Papá is back baby." I grin, my Queen sighs pulling her tshirt down. "Just a minute princess." I quickly wash my hands and come to hold her.

"Pa-pa-pa-pa." Ertha grins slapping my face with her hands, it warns my heart to hear her call me that.

The first time she call me papa I almost died due to happiness.

"You should've knocked before coming in." My Queen says getting up.

"Since when do I knock?" I ask showing kisses over my baby girl.

"She doesn't drink after she sees you." She puts tissues to her breast, our room smells like breastmilk.

"Then feed her before I return home." I smile.

She sighs, "Yeah, only if it was that easy. She's probably growing teeth, she bites rather than sucking." She comes to my side, I wrap an arm around her and kiss her lips.

Ertha begins to cry, I quickly hold her with both my hands.

She cries every time I hug or kiss my queen, "There we go again." My Queen throws her hands in the air and walks into the bathroom.

"Why do you do that baby girl?" I poke her cheek, she stopped crying as soon as my queen was out of sight.

"Pa-pa-pa-pa." She says.

There's a knock on the door, Jacob peeks in. "Hey there princess." He walks in grinning.

When I'm home Ertha is only with me, I don't let anyone hold her.

"Where's sister in law?" He asks, I point at the bathroom.

My queen comes out changing her clothes, "Hey there." Jacob goes to hug her, she narrows her eyes.

"What do you want now?" She asks suspiciously making me chuckle, Jacob acts like a spoiled kid around her.

"I just read on the internet that babies get jealous if their mother holds other babies." He says.

"You are no baby." I say making him roll his eyes.

"Ertha look, my mamá." Jacob hugs my queen then kisses her cheek.

Ertha watches them then turns to me, "Ma-ma." She says and I nod.

Ertha looks at them again, Jacob kisses my queen's cheek once more. My Queen quickly pulls out her phone to take a photo.

Ertha turns to me and kisses my face, my heart stops a beat there. My eyes widens, "Pa-pa." She says and kisses me again.

"Oh God." I hug her tightly, "Papá has a weak heart princess." I say to which she laughs.

"I want a kiss too." Jacob comes closer but I turn away.

"Get lost Jacob." I warn.

"Ja-co." Ertha says looking at me then Jacob.

Jacob perks up, "Call me uncle little lady. Un-cle." He says.

She looks at me, "Jacob." I say.

"Ja-co?" She says and I nod proudly.

"Justin." I say, she just stares.

Justin knocks and walks in just on cue.

Ertha looks at him and grins, "Unc." She says.

"Hi princess." Justin kisses her cheek, she only likes him other than me.

She looks at my queen, "Ma-ma." She says, then looks at me, "Pa-pa." Then "Unc." Looking at Justin, "Ja-co." She claps her hands making our hearts melt.

*

Do vote and comment!:)