Chapter 3 - Jasper

"Soul meets soul on lovers' lips."
- Percy Bysshe Shelley, Prometheus Bound

"- Percy Bysshe Shelley, Prometheus Bound

"Jasper. Jasper. Wake up! Jasper!" I jerk awake and look at my queen who seems worried. "Are you okay?" She asks.

I sit up rubbing my face, again that dream. Jumping off the flight from a parachute and crashing on the ground isn't that great of an experience.

"I'm fine darling." I hold her face, she shakes her head. It's been a week since I returned home, two more months till the contract ends. My head is all over the place, should I be focusing on confessing to her or stabilizing my country.

"Talk to me. Tell me about it." She holds my hand.

I sigh, "It's nothing, just a nightmare." I try to lay her down but she doesn't let me.

"It's not nothing. You were announced dead Jasper, you were missing for two months, don't you think I should at least know what happened when you were away?" She says starting to tear up.

"For God's sake stop, you're being dramatic." I don't look at her, I'm starting to get pissed. "I told you it's nothing, I just landed on the ground with a parachute before the flight crashed. I was a little injured so Ace and Beth helped me. I'm fine now." How do I tell her I don't want to talk about it?

"I'm being dramatic?" She snaps, I shut my eyes while rubbing my forehead, "I'm worried about you. I want to know-"

"Don't be. Why do you worry? It's not like we married for love or something, it's just a marriage of convenience." I say without thinking, I didn't mean to say it that way.

"Is this what it is to you? Just a marriage of convenience?" Her voice breaks, she grabs her phone then gets off the bed and trys to leave.

"No, wait, that's not what I meant." I get in between her and the door.

She shakes her head looking at the ground, "No Jasper." She looks up at me with red teary eyes, "I know about the contract." I hear something in me crumble. "I get exactly what you mean."

"Who told you?" I clench my jaw.

She pushes on my shoulder, "Why does it matter? I know exactly your intentions now, and you've made it pretty clear."

"Samantha listen to me." I grab her, she acts like I burned her skin and pushes me away.

"Fuck you Jasper." She grabs the doorknob, anger surges through me.

"If you take a fucking step outside, I swear I'll loose my mind." I growl, her body tenses, she doesn't move.

I walk to the couch and sit, I pour a glass of water to calm myself. "Have a seat." I say placing the glass on the table.

She doesn't move or talk, still facing the door, "Samantha." I say like an order.

She turns around clenching her jaw, "What?" She crosses her arms against her chest.

"Come closer." I hold out my hand, she looks away.

"I don't want to, just say what you want to say so I can leave."

"It's four in the morning, where will you go?" I exclaim dropping my hand.

"Anywhere away from you." She says glaring at me, I stand and march to her.

She presses her back to the door trying to make space between us. I slam my hand on the door near her head.

"Don't even think about it." I growl, she grabs my collar and pushes me back. I'm caught off guard so I stumble back a little.

"Growl at me like that again, and I'll show you just how better I can do that." She snaps. "I fucking changed myself for you, tried to become one of your people, you know I'm not Samantha but I'm trying to fill her place." She sounds like a totally different person.

"You have no idea how scared I was, how much in pain I was, you don't care how I feel having your destined lady in the palace. All you care about is your fucking throne." She lets go of me, her eyes burn red as she glares into mine.

"I'm done trying to be Samantha, I'm done trying to fit in."

"What, what do you mean?" It feels hard to breathe suddenly, if what I think shes going to say is right then I don't want to hear it.

"I don't want to be Samantha anymore Jasper, I don't want to be-" your queen.

"I love you." I say abruptly, she stills midway through talking. "I agree I married you for my throne and your father's power but I fell in love with you." I hold her hands in mine.

"I'm in love with you my queen. I love you Cecilia." I say as sincerely as possible.

Something changes in her eyes, her face soften then she chuckles. "I don't believe you Jasper. Not when she's right under the same roof and you spent two months with her. You are doing this for your throne, it's showing." She pulls away.

"I don't understand why you're bringing Beth into this. There's nothing between us, she saved my life and I'm repaying by giving her a position in my court, nothing more, nothing less." I explain.

She shakes her head, "I don't give a flying fuck, I'm leaving." She walks out, I follow her into the hallway.

"Where are you going?" I ask trying to grab her, she slips her hand away and continues walking.

"To my home."

I get infront of her before she gets to the stairs, I grab the railing preventing her from going forward.

"This is your home."

"I used to think the same, I thought maybe you replaced my dad but looks like I was wrong. You are very selfish Jasper, I don't ask for you to leave your throne, I just want-" She stops herself.

I caress her cheek, "Tell me, I promise I'll do anything you ask of me, just say the words." I beg.

She observes me for a while before answering, "I can't think right now, I need some time." She breaths out.

"Don't leave." I move closer to her, she shakes her head pushing me away.

"I'll return if you prove that your love for me is real and not for the throne."

"What should I do for that?" I ask, she moves my hand away.

"Figure that out yourself husband, you have two more months." She says before walking down the stairs.

I watch her walk away, my heart aches like it's being stabbed. I go back inside and watch her get inside the car with Aaron from the balcony.

"I'm going to get her back no matter what it takes, hell I'd give up on my throne and follow where she goes if that's what it will take to have her back in my arms.

*

Do vote:)))