Chapter 9 - Jasper

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."
- William Goldman, The Princess Bride

I feel like the happiest man alive as I drive back to the palace, "Justin! Jacob! Carla!" I call out for everyone, the maids quickly run to tell them, my queen laughs next to me holding my hand tight

I'm never gonna let go.

I wait for everyone to come to the living room. Alice comes to my queen's side grinning.

"Well what's happening?" Jacob grins knowingly, Beth and Ace join us too.

"I'm gonna be a father!" I exclaim, everyone stares at me with knowing smiles. "Everyone knows?" I look at my queen.

She nods and I feel so betrayed, "That's what you get for disappearing." Jacob comes to hug me.

I laugh, "I could have done it any other way if it meant I'd be there when you found out." I say.

"Well it wasn't anything nice, sister in law fainted at the news of the crash and the doctor surprised us all." Jacob shrugs.

I look at my queen, "You have no idea how happy you make me." I say which makes her blush and smile.

"Ditto." She hugs my arm.

"So are we partying or what?" Justin grins, I look at my queen for her opinion.

She shrugs, "Why not? It's been long since a family get together." Jacob wraps an arm around her shoulder and his other around Alice. Those three seem to be getting too close lately.

"Does that mean I'm not invited?" Alice exclaims.

"Of course you are, you are family Alice." My queen says which makes her grin like an idiot.

"Beth and Ace are invited too." I say, they both nod with smiles.

I walk to our room with my Queen, "Should we move to one of the room downstairs?" I ask as she sits on the couch.

She rolls her eyes, "A little exercise is good." She smiles at her belly, I still can't believe there's a life growing in her.

I kneel infront of her and smile up at her, "Our baby was made out of love, not any contact or obligation." I say, she nods. "I'll give them all my love."

"Then what about me?" She smacks my shoulder making me chuckle.

"You'll always be my first priority darling." I kiss her softly. She smiles staring into my eyes, the moment right here and now feels completely perfect.

"I love you." I say.

Her lips pull into a beautiful smile, "I love you." She says and my heart jumps with joy.

"You haven't been sleeping." She rubs her thumb over my eyes, I shake my head.

"I couldn't sleep without you by my side."

She smiles then gets up taking my hand, "I feel sleepy too." She gets on the bed. I take off my shoes and get next to her.

I pull her close into my chest, her scent welcomes me back home. Her arms wrap around me and so does mine, "My Jasper." She murmurs which makes me smile.

"My Queen."

*

Leaving her for work is more harder than it used to be, I don't want to go more than five meters away from her.

"You're acting childish Jasper." She says buttoning my shirt, I sigh tucking the shirt in my pants.

"So heartless." I pout as she forces me into my blazer and goes to do my tie.

I grab her hips and pull her body on mine, she raises her brows at me. "Stop." She warns.

"Stop what?" I smirk running my hands over her curves.

She slaps my hands away with a glare and continues with the tie, "I thought we were partying." I say.

"On the weekend husband, now get going." She smiles at me.

"I love you." I say pecking her lips.

She smiles, "I love you too."

I kiss her again before leaving. I walk to my car, Beth meets me halfway and I offer to go together to which she agrees.

Me: I miss you already. 8:43

I text my queen, she replys with a eye roll emoji which makes me chuckle.

"I wanted to tell you something." Beth says as Kevin starts the car.
I look at her, "I think Duke Samuel is planning something against you."

"Do you know what you're saying?" I say with warning lacing my tone. Beth is a smart woman and I'm sure she has an explainable reason for what she said but Duke Samuel isn't up for discussion.

I'd trust him even if he stabbed me with a knife, not that he'd literally do it. He gave me his one and only beloved daughter and I'll forever be grateful. I know how much he loves my queen, he'd never do anything to make her a tiny bit sad.

Knowing how much I mean to his daughter, I know I have his loyalty and I'm glad I do. Duke Samuel is the most powerful man in my kingdom, it stings to say that but it's the truth, things would be fabulous if I got him to open up to me.

"Let me explain." Beth says, she looks very determined which makes an uneasy feeling wrap in my stomach. I have a feeling I'm not gonna like whatever it is.

I nod however, "Meet me in my office at 10." I say, the rest of the ride is silent.

I head to my office, my phone buzzes with a text from Justin.

Justin: We love you the most *a picture of him, Jacob and my queen at the horse field* 8:59.

Me: I do too. 9:00.

**

Hello lovely people,
I thought many of you might have dropped this book but getting a this nice response really warms my heart.

Thank you so much!:)

Do vote and comment..