Chapter 5 - Samantha

"Don't ever think I fell for you, or fell over you. I didn't fall in love, I rose in it."
― Toni Morrison, Jazz

I stretch my arms feeling better than before, my head feels a little light probably due to throwing up on an empty stomach

Jasper invades my mind again, he's the first person I think of when I wake up, the last person before I fall asleep and the only person I dream about.

I slide down the bed and am greeted with the fresh, pleasant smell of frangipanis. A smile pulls on my lips as I pick the pretty bouquet, "Did papá bring this?" I find a letter in it.

I pull it out, 'To my one and only Queen' my heart rate increases just by reading the few words. It's Jasper's handwriting, my one and only, happiness warmth my chest.

I stop myself from opening the letter, I was never an easy woman. If he thinks I'll go back to him after receiving flowers and letter then he's wrong.

The amount of mental breakdowns I went through after becoming Samantha is no joke, it's not easy becoming someone your are not. But for him I did that, not gonna lie I did become a better version of me but he needs to appreciate it.

Last night I might have cursed at him a little but that was totally his fault, calling our marriage just a contract made my blood boil and go cold at the same time.

Then saying he loved me was a lame comeback, who'd believe it? It was his desperate measure to keep me with him. I wished to hear those words so many time but actually hearing it at that situation just made me wish he didn't say it at all.

A tear escapes my eye which I quickly wipe away, I'm not gonna cry again. "Mamá is strong baby, we can get through this. Papá, mamá and you will live together happily, Mamá is just testing papá, it'll end soon and mamá will tell papá about you. Okay?" I pat my stomach.

I hug the bouquet before putting it down. I shower and walk down for breakfast, "Did Jasper stop by?" I ask Aaron.

"For a short while." He curts.

"Why was I not waken?" I look at him.

"I was asked not to, Duke Samuel wanted you to rest." He replies, I nod and walk into the dinning room.

"Wake me next time, I don't want him sneaking in when I'm sleeping." I say to which he agrees.

After breakfast I take a walk, I try my best not to go open the letter. I need time, the whole Beth drama is getting into my head.

It's been a week since she arrived, she acts like I don't exist and it's just her and Jasper. She mentions about the time he was with her which made me feel so out of place.

I want to know what happened, I might have been a little irritating about that but him snapping at me wasn't the right approach.

"Sam!" Alice runs to me, Sir Aaron gets behind me so I don't fall when she jumps on me. She wraps her arms me making me take a few steps back but Sir Aaron prevents me from falling. "What happened? Why did you move back to the Duke's mansion?" She asks worried.

"Nothing, I just had a fight with Jasper."

"Why? Is this because of Beth? I thought you were better than that Sam." She frowns.

I chuckle before dismissing Sir Aaron, I speak once he's walks out of ear shot. "He's Jasper's spy, don't spout nonsense infront of him." I tell her, she sends a quick glare his way.

"Sorry. Tell me why you fought." She crosses her arms against her chest.

"Lovers quarrel Alice." I turn around and resume walking.

"Did he confess?" She asks quickly.

"He did actually but that was not very heart touching you see, so I asked him to try better."

"What's that supposed to mean? He's wooing you now?" I wink at her, she laugh, "Well that sounds a lot of fun, has he tried anything yet?"

"He brought me flowers and a letter while I was sleeping."

"What did the letter say?" She asks excitedly.

"I don't know, I don't want to read it yet." I look at the beautiful blue sky, it's so pretty today.

"May I know why?" She comes infront of me.

I sigh, "I want some time before getting swept off my feet."

"So you do want him to sweep you off your feet?" She smiles mischievously.

"Of course, he's mine, I'm his wife, it's his responsibility." I state as a mater of fact.

"Awww, I should get some popcorn next time." She teases which makes me roll my eyes. "While we are at it, how about having some fun today?" She asks.

"What fun?" I turn to her, she takes my hand looks at Sir Aaron then drags me out.

I have to run to keep up with her, this is the reason Jasper called Jacob's friends trouble.

A car pulls over, a confused looking Jacob gets out from the driver's seat. He's driving on his own again, I'm about to lecture him when Alice makes me get in the car.

"Get in and drive quickly." She tells Jacob before she gets in herself, Jacob drives out before Sir Aaron and the other guards reach us.

"What is wrong with you!" I exclaim putting on my seat belt, at the speed Jacob is driving my heart pops into my mouth.

"Why are we running away?" Jacob asks Alice who's sitting next to him.

"We are kidnapping Sam to have some fun time." Alice laughs as Jacob takes a jerking turn.

"I'm pregnant for yelling out loud! Slow down!" I exclaim, Jacob quickly obliges. "Jasper is going to be so angry." I sigh into the seat.

"For once an you stop worrying and actually enjoy? We even got rid of the guards." Alice complains.

Thinking of being responsible, since when am I such a responsible person? The last time I had some good fun was horse riding with Jacob, or maybe going to that club with Justin -the kiss attempt excluded.

"Fine, let's have some fun." I say, they both look at me weirdly.

"For real?" Alice asks, I nod.

"For real."

**
Do vote and comment!:)