CHAPTER 9

Chapter 9: Evangeline and A Rogue Teenager

A few months later and the warriors have all greatly improved under my and Gamma Rick's supervision and training. The best ones now help us train the teenagers who have just come of age to join training.

As for me, Grumps called me in his office a day after the fight with the rogues. The council had sent a letter with regards to my morphed human-wolf form.

The letter had stated that I am a powerful being with all that improved things and whatnot, but it doesn't really tell why, or how. Although they did say that they can not reveal anything else themselves for it is not their story to tell. They just said that I am a blessed natural warrior with a privileged role and mission that I will find out someday. They said I am the last of my kind.

"So I'm not a wolf?" I asked Grumps confused. He looked at me with an expression that said "duh".

"You are, obviously. Just a werewolf with a cause." He said with a shrug. I looked at him weirdly.

"You make it sound like I'm gonna change the world." I said with a scoff.

"Who knows." He said. I just rolled my eyes and cringed at the thought.

Over the months that passed, Loriana started opening up to me about herself and her past. I found out she had no wolf despite her coming from a werewolf family.

"You sure you weren't adopted?" I asked her that day. She just nodded her head.

"My parents had records of my birth and so did the hospital where I was born and the doctor and nurses that tended to my mother's labour." She explained.

I also found out how she was aloof towards her mother, father and siblings. She said she was the odd one out. She was lonely until she met Vyctor, the wolf who swept her off her bicycle.

She told me how she was wondering around the meadows that day when suddenly a very naked man sauntered to her and scooped her into his arms leaving her bicycle behind.

She said he was putting on clothes with one hand while holding her over his shoulder with the other. He went straight to their house stating his claim on her and her father gave him to Vyctor easily. That was how he and she started. They weren't working the past few years into their relationship until Vien came into their lives and made things better.

I also found out about the day I met her on the bank of the lake. She was upset with Vyctor that day about something and her pregnancy hormones kicked in and made things worse. She ran forgetting the dangers in the forest.

It was a good thing she didn't stumble upon my fight with the rogues that day. She could have been caught in the middle of the little incident and could've been killed.

I was lounging in my room when Loriana came in holding a small box in her hand. She approached me with a smile.

"Evangeline, I would like to give you something." She started as she sat in front of me on my bed.

She opened the box revealing a beautiful white gold ring with a silver crest on it. She took my hand with a smile and slid the ring on my finger.

"This ring is a symbol of a protector and this crest is our crest, Evangeline." She stated and smiled.

"I will cherish it greatly, Lori along with a promise to protect you and your pups." I said with a determined look on my face.

She hugged me before getting up and leaving my room hearing Liam's cry.

Evangeline, I would like to go for a run. It's been quite a while since you let our wolf form run freely. My wolf said.

Of course, but only within pack territories. I said.