FINALE

The New Alpha and His Dear, Evangeline

"Evangeline stay with me, my love." Harris said as he tried to put pressure on the gapping hole in Evangeline's chest.

Evangeline knew her time was up. Four centuries were enough. It was time for her last sacrifice.

She reached out to touch Harris' cheek. Harris instinctively leaned in to her touch as he clutched Evangeline's hand to his cheek.

"I love you..." Evangeline muttered with a gentle smile grazing her lips.

Harris could only sob. His tears soaking Evangeline's shirt that was already soaked in blood. "I love you too, don't leave me."

Evangeline only beamed at him. That beautiful grin that reached her eyes was already ingrained in Harris' mind. It was the last thing he saw of her before her eyes turned lifeless, gone was the spark in those beautiful orbs.

Harris' grip on her hand loosened and the hand that caressed his cheek, making sparks flare in his skin, fell to the ground beside her body.

She was gone.

•••

Harris sat beside her corpse in pure shock and agony. His mate was gone.

Soon he would be too if he let his gaping wound on his side bleed out.

Maybe that's not such a bad thing. He thought.

His wolf whimpered agreeing with him. They were both mateless now. They had no more purpose in life. Why can't he follow his mate?

He was the only one left on the clearing aside from those tasked to retrieve the bodies. The rogues were out of their territory as fast as they came after John fell dead on the ground.

"You need to go get that checked." Vyctor said, harshly.

"No. I-i'm fine here." Harris grumbled, hugging his knees to his chest. Evangeline's limp hand clasped tightly within his hands as though he was afraid her corpse would vanish into thin air.

"That was not a question." Vyctor scoffed.

Suddenly, Harris was off the ground and being dragged away from his mate. Vyctor held his one arm while Angus had the other.

"No! Let me go! I have to go with her! Let me go!" He struggled out of their hold, but was unsuccessful.

His focus faltered as he tried his best to escape their latch on him. He kicked out his legs making it harder for both Vyctor and Angus.

During his turmoil, Harris noticed a bright light in the corner of his eyes. They had stopped walking as all three of them turned their attention back to where Evangeline's body laid.

"Loriana..." Vyctor whispered.

Loriana stood at the side of Evangeline, looking at them. Vyctor thought she looked somehow different but still the same. She wore a white chiton with a flower wreath adorning her braided hair. She was glowing like the moon.

To say they were stunned was an understatement.

Loriana bent down to pick Evangeline's body off of the ground. She turned around carrying Evangeline in her arms, but just before she disappeared into the forest, she turned around and gave them a gentle smile.

Just like that, they were gone.

•••

Days after the attack, Harris was bombarded with Alpha work for the Sterno Sentina pack. Being Evangeline's mate, the empty throne of his beloved in the Sentina territory was now his. He was the new Alpha.