CHAPTER 28

Chapter 28: Evangeline and A Whiskey Night

It's been 2 weeks since he started bringing me iced coffee. It has now become my favorite drink. Harris sometimes accompanies me on my rounds around the borders too, but I'm getting worried. Sometimes he brings food with us, or little trinkets as gift. Just a few days ago, he brought some roses...

"Here." Harris said as he handed me a thing of food from the picnic basket he brought with us on the hill today.

He smiled at me as I looked over at him. He seems so happy and cheerful now that it kinda scared me. Maybe I didn't really think this through.

Ya think? My wolf said sarcastically.

I tried to turn him down today but he had already brought a picnic basket with him and a big umbrella. I feel so bad. I think he's starting to really give malice to this.

"Hey are you okay? You seem a little out of it." He asked me. I looked back over at him and I see something in his eyes that scared me a lot. He looked at me so affectionately.

I didn't really know what to tell him. Lucky for me, huge droplets of rain started falling from the sky. We packed up and started running to the nearest shed which was empty.

"Sorry our little date was ruined, Ev." He said. My ears rung from what he said.

"Date?" I asked him. He faced me with a nervous look.

"Well yeah. Aren't our little trips to the hill considered as dates?" He said.

"I didn't-"

He cut me off. "I really like you, Ev. I know I've found my mate, but she doesn't want me. Y-you haven't found your mate yet. There's nothing holding us back at the moment right?"

I stared at him, dumbfounded. I resorted to sighing instead. "I-i... I-i can't."

Then I shifted and ran.

The next day, I felt like I didn't want to leave the house.

"Evan, the Crescere has a guest coming over. They requested your presence." John knocked on my door.

I got ready and walked down the stairs, what greeted me next was someone I never expected to see again.

"Evangeline!" Yelled a familiar voice then I was locked in a tight hug. "Evee I missed you!"

Orson stood before me wrapping me in a tight hug. "Hello, Orson how have you been?"

"I've been good, Ev!" His grin reached his eyes. "I thought I'd never see you again..."

"You're not getting rid of me that easily, pup." I joked and we laughed. Then someone coughed behind Orson.

"I didn't know you knew each other, Dad." Harris said.

Our eyes met, but I couldn't hold his gaze right now. He wasn't smiling though. He seemed irritated.

"Oh Evee, I'm guessing you already know Harris is my son." Orson said, patting Harris' back. "Harris, Evee was the wolf I told you about. She saved me back then when I was a kid."