CHAPTER 12

Chapter 12: Evangeline and Her Depart

I snuck behind a tree to morph into my wolf form. I motioned for some of the warriors to attack from the right side while me and some of the other warriors attack the left side to aid those who were already caught up in the fight including Vyctor, and the rest of the family.

I jumped on top of a rogue, quickly ripping out his throat. One pounced at me only to be slashed by my claws. It stumbled back hitting a rock.

After the conversation with Orlan, Vien, and Lori in the hall, I went to the lake for a swim just to cool off. I sank to the bottom enjoying how it blocked any sound from the surface.

It was very refreshing and relaxing. After about 15 minutes, I rose to the surface only to hear a cacophony of noises coming from the front of the house.

I put on my clothes and rushed to where they were coming from. I was a bit shocked by the bloody frenzy that greeted me.

Rogues, hundreds of them, poured out of the forest. The warriors were already fighting and so were Vyctor, Gamma Rick, and Beta Connor. Then all hell broke loose.

I slashed, clawed, and bit at enemies, but their numbers seemed to have no end.

In the corner of my eye, I saw two rogues on top of vyctor. I dashed towards them and shifted into my morphed human-wolf form and grabbed both wolves by the scruff. I threw them towards another group of rogues charging our way.

"Thanks." Said Vyctor as he bounced back into a fighting stance.

"Any way the other packs can help?" I asked while biting the neck of another rogue.

"They're all being attacked too." He answered while mauling another rogue.

"So this was their plot." Vyctor nodded.

"Apparently the largest of them settled on our borders. We have what they want but we don't know what." He said.

Suddenly, we heard yelling coming from the back of the house. It sounded like Vien.

"Vyctor!" I yelled as I saw his eyes glaze up.

"Go to them, Evangeline. I'll be right behind you. Rick!"

Rick hurried towards us as I ran to the back of the house. What I found welled a tear or two from my eyes.

Vien was crying while cradling the lifeless body of her son, Orlan. Vien heaved sob after sob for her fallen son. She had bruises around her with puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks.

In her fit of tears, she did not notice the other rogues charging towards them. I quickly got in front of her and dragged her up to stand.

"We have to go, Vien." I said ushering her to the front of the house.

"No! My son, I'm not gonna leave him!" She protested, struggling out of my hold.

"Come one, hun there's nothing we can do!" Roland said also with heavy tears streaming down his face.

"Vien, they're getting closer! Go now!" I yelled as I rushed to the rogues trying to hold them back.

Vien still cradled Orlan to her chest rocking back and forth not caring if his blood stained her shirt, if anything it only made her arms tighten around him. Her tears now also staining Orlan's face.

Poor kid, he hasn't even found his mate yet. Said my wolf as she let out a howl for him.

Another cry broke out of Vien. I turned around to find sharp claws protruding from Roland's chest dripping with blood and the same for his attacker. Roland along with the rogue that attacked him fell limp to the ground.