CHAPTER 17

Chapter 17: Evangeline and The Adrenaline of Falling from a Tree

T'was the last day of my stay in Jace's pack so I decided to head on over to Vyctor's pack. Tomorrow was the day they leave.

I laid on the same branch I had went to back then when I met the kid... And Orson. I was lounging peacefully as I looked over the house.

I could see some boxes already packed and stacked. They were mostly ready to go. I could feel melancholy flowing in the winds, probably from the pack members.

"Hey, Miss." I heard someone say from beneath the tree.

I looked down and saw Orson's kid. He was sitting under the shade with his back against the tree I was on. He was looking down at the ground while talking.

"I know you're there. I always felt like someone was looking over us, not in a bad way. I still remember a bit of the day you came down for me."

Could you maybe go down? My wolf asked. I tilted my head, wondering why.

That's not a good idea. I thought.

Okay fine!

I was slightly surprised by my wolf's outburst. She never really made bad judgements before and rash decisions. Now I can feel her anxiousness and uneasiness. I tried to ask what was wrong, but she did not answer.

"I always feel when you're here and when you're not. I don't know why, but I kinda like it when you're here." He whispered.

I was curious. I shifted to my human form and laid flat on the branch making sure I was completely hidden before talking.

"Do you always do this? You'd look crazy to other people talking to air." I said. He was surprised to hear a more feminine voice than that of my morphed form's. He was about to look up when I stopped him. "No don't look up."

"You heard what I said?" He whispered, stuttering a few times. He was beet red.

"Mhmm."

"Why don't you want us to see you?" He asked.

"Oh I'm sure your great grandpa would be thrilled to see me. He'd be jumping in joy." I said, sarcasm filling my words.

"Why not?"

"It's complicated, pup." I said as I placed my hand behind my head.

"I'm not a pup, I'm 16." He said. He paused for a minute before continuing. "You said I'd be a strong wolf when I grow up. I haven't even shifted. I'm a disgrace."

"Late bloomers do exist kid." I said casually.

"You really think I'm just a late bloomer?" He asked stuttering a bit again. I just nodded my head with a hum.

"You wont be able to watch over us anymore." He said. "We're moving to Greece tomorrow." I didn't say anything.

"Before we leave, I would like to tell you something." He said, his voice getting lower and lower. His stuttering increasing through out his sentence. "I think I like you. Like like like you."