CHAPTER 16

Chapter 16: Evangeline , The Wedding, and The Kid

Me and my wolf watched from afar as Orson teared up, looking at a pretty woman dressed in white and slowly walking towards him on the aisle. She held on to him as they both settled in front of the Alpha, Vyctor.

Little Orson is all grown up and not so little anymore. His wedding was only a small private occasion held in the garden of the pack house.

How'd I find out? A little birdie left an invitation letter for me nestled in one of the branches. Orson still had hoped to see me after I had left him that day.

It warmed me to know that someone still willingly remembered me after what I had let happen to their Luna, let alone his mother.

That day I gave Orson back to Vyctor, I ran and ran til I found somewhere far away where I can reside for a while. I wanted time alone, to think and ponder about everything that happened.

I had gathered I grew soft, and too relaxed to the point that I could let my walls down unintentionally and without even noticing.

Those weeks that I've been gone were rough. I pushed myself much more than before. Learned things the harder way, toughened myself up more than ever before.

Learned to choose who I trust wisely, to never let my guards down even when I was alone, to never set attachments, never let myself be too close to someone. Attachments bring weakness. It was dangerous enough that I let myself have a tie to this pack.

As per that, I decided to stay in my wolf form unless other forms were inevitably needed.

I went back to Lunette Crescere territory with a made up mind. I will protect the pups from afar. Looking after them as Loriana would've wanted me to.

In the years that I have been hiding in the forest, I was constantly chased by rogues. I knew they wanted me, but I still did not know what they wanted me for. For that reason, I moved constantly from jungle to jungle. I always come back to Crescere for my duty despite this.

Constantly adjusting to new places was not new to me as it was originally my way of living. As a child, young and confused, it baffled me why they kept chasing me. I understood if it only lasted maybe half a century, but not almost 4 centuries. I think they're in too deep.

Shows you how irresistible and desirable we truly are. Said my wolf which earned her a roll of my eyes.

Or...how valuable the thing they want us for is. I said to her.

I remember the first time I had to move. I was only 13. I perched up on a branch of a birch tree, eyeing a medium sized bird two branches beneath me. It was enough protein to keep little ole me full for a day.

I pounced on the bird but slipped from the branch. I managed to catch the bird in my jaws but I was not agile enough to catch my fall.

I whimpered loudly as I landed on the ground on my side. A twig lodged itself into my shoulder. I had it in me for two days not being able to endure the pain of pulling it out myself until another werewolf found me with a high fever.

He pulled the twig out. I almost bit him because of the sudden immense pain, but he only laughed. That's when another stinky wolf found us as he tended to my wound.

My mind reacted to my fear and pushed me onto my paws. One more look at the man before I scrambled away into the forest looking for another territory to hide into. The rogue followed me thus, the man was not harmed.

I toughened up even more as the years passed.

For every time that I get bruises from my own stupid mistakes, I got a scar to remember them by as punishment to myself. For over the past years, my body was now almost full to the brim.