CHAPTER 38

Chapter 38: The Fate of Evangeline

I jumped a little when the hospital doors banged open. My warriors walked in carrying those who have been injured. They were immediately attend to by the Doctors. As they were being treated, I conversed with some of them, giving them words of comfort and complements. They did very well.

Lisa walked in with a frown. "We told you to stay in the bunker, Alpha." She said with a stern voice.

"You know I can't just stand around and do nothing, Lisa. My pack needs me in times like this." I said. Lisa just huffed. "How many casualties do we have?"

"None were killed from both ours and Harris' pack, most were injured. Aside from that, only a few trees from the South border." She answered.

"Good. Where is Harris?" Just as I finished my question, the door banged open again revealing a frowning Harris. He stormed towards me and Lisa. "You're going to accumulate wrinkles too early if you keep that face scrunched like that."

"Didn't I tell you to stay in the Bunker? You never listen!" He stated, annoyed. He drew me into a hug. "You always get me worried."

"Shouldn't I be the one telling you that?" I joked. He chuckled before stepping back a little only to give me space to look up at him.

"I'm fine. I'm stronger than you give me credit for, love." He said with a smile. "Anyway, how're you? How's our pup?"

"Still in my belly, if that's what you mean", I answered.

We looked around the hospital. Most of the injured wolves were from the Cresceres. My Gammas were already helping heal them with their blood.

"Alpha!" I heard John call from the door.

"Where were you, John?" I asked as he stopped in front of us, breathing heavily.

"I was with a few of the warriors, Alpha. We chased the remaining ferals farther away from the borders." He explained.

"Are you and the wolves with you okay? Were any of you injured?" I pressed on.

"Luckily no, Alpha." John answered.

"That's good. Well done, John." I complemented him. I clapped to catch everyone's attention. "Great job out there, everyone. I am proud to have you in my pack and those from the Crescere, your Alpha would be very proud."

They all cheered despite their wounds.

"Where is Vyctor anyway?" I asked Harris.

"They went to visit the family in Greece." Harris said.

Lucky ferals! My wolf exclaimed.

The next day, Harris lead a few of our men to fix the mangled soil by the South border. He didn't let me come with. They planted Birch, and Dark Oak saplings to replace the trees that were knocked down during the fight. They also built small fences to warn children not to cross the South border.

"Evangeline!" I heard a familiar annoying voice from the halls of the pack house before the kitchen door opened wide to reveal a very very noisy Mason. "Evangeline, darling I thought you were dead!"