CHAPTER 26

Chapter 26: Evangeline and A Scowling Harris

"How is it this time?" Vyktor asked.

"A new group of rogues were forming on one of the borders again. We've actually been keeping an eye on them for some time now before your pack arrived. We planned to attack the group to avoid what happened before." I noticed the sad looks on some of the members of Crescere. "We waited for the perfect time to strike which is the reason of our absence in the past few days."

"Why didn't you tell us? Our pack could've helped." Harris said.

"We couldn't risk difference in opinions. Your pack have just arrived and are not aware of the current circumstances yet." John answered for me.

"Well then, how did it go?" Angus questioned.

"It almost went according to plan." I said proudly. "Although there were some bumps along the way, we managed to eliminate the group."

"Well, what now?" Asked Angus.

"We still can't let our guards down. I'm currently getting in contact with the other packs to warn them." I answered.

"About that, Evan two packs requested assistance. They also noticed rogue groups forming around their borders." Jaxon informed me.

"Send ten warriors to them both." He nodded and went out the room.

"Wait why are you sending out your warriors? Your pack needs them too!" Vyktor said skeptical.

"Every wolf in my pack is a warrior, strong ones at that. We have enough people to go around." I proudly stated. "Besides, isn't your pack here too? You not confident in their fighting, Vyktor?"

I smirked teasingly as Vyktor growled lowly. "Watch your mouth, mutt!" He roared at me.

"They will be of service, Alpha I assure you." Harris suddenly interjected.

"Highly appreciated." I said to him. "And please don't call me Alpha."

"No use. The pack's already started calling you that without you noticing." John said before sauntering away. I glared at his back. "Keep your eyes to yourself, Evan!" He yelled before disappearing around the corner.

I walked out to the front of the pack house for a breath of fresh air. Though my eyes were closed, I could sense Harris walking towards me when suddenly, an annoying voice rang in the air.

"Evan, my dear grumpy wolf!" Mason called to me running, his red coat swaying gracefully in the air. I only huffed in annoyance.

This again, ugh! My wolf groaned internally at the presence of Mason.

"Mason" was all I could say before I was engulfed in a bear hug.

"Evangeline, my favorite wolf, I missed you!" He exclaimed after he let me go.

"What are you doing here, Mason? Don't you have a council thing to attend to." I said with a roll of my eyes.

"Oh Evan, you wound me. Any other she-wolf would be jumping in their paws in my presence begging to be taken." I cringed at this reply.