CHAPTER 29

Chapter 29: Evangeline and The Burly Man

Evangeline sat on the floor, leaning on the bed where a sleeping Harris laid in his au naturel state.

Evangeline clung to the duvet that covered her bareness. She felt sore, confused, and possibly regretful. It was natural for mates to well "mate", but they weren't exactly on good terms. He didn't even know she was his mate.

"What have I done?" She thought as she stared beyond the window into nothing in particular.

"Ev?"

She heard Harris call her but she didn't want to face him. She felt the slight tug on the duvet, so she tightened her grip on it.

"Hey, angel..." He said in his bedroom voice. She didn't respond.

Harris suddenly felt panicked. What if she regreted what happened last night? What if he did something wrong? What if he hurt her? He hurriedly put on his boxers and shirt.

"Ev, are you alright?" He asked worriedly. He was about to touch her shoulder when she spoke.

"Leave." She said to him.

"W-what?" He was hurt. He didn't want to leave after something happened between them. He wanted to love her more now.

"I said leave." She repeated flatly.

"B-but why? You can't just expect me to leave after last night..." He tried to reason with her.

"There's nothing between us, forget about last night." She said bluntly.

"No! Last night wasn't just nothing! The sparks, I know you felt it too!" He exclaimed.

"You were just drunk. Now leave." She demanded with her Alpha tone.

Harris didn't want to, but her using her Alpha tone on him meant she really wasn't having him around at the moment. He sighed and gathered his clothes before walking out the room and closing the door.

She scrambled off the floor to lock the door behind him. Harris heard and slumped down to the ground.

I fucked it up, didn't I? He asked his wolf.

Hmm I don't know. I'm happy with what happened last night. His wolf said as he sat satisfied while wagging his tail.

Even though she's not our mate? He asked confused. His wolf nodded.

Mhm I feel a connection to her. The sparks were real, but I don't smell her much. We have this bond with her but I don't really know what it is, but I'm happy with it. His wolf elaborated.

What if we get her pregnant? He asked worriedly.

He didn't know why, but the thought made him giddy. The thought of Evangeline becoming his wife and baring his pups made Harris hopeful and happy.

Then we should be exhilarated. His wolf assured him.

But she doesn't look happy though. This thought made Harris sad and nervous.