CHAPTER 30

Chapter 30: Evangeline and The War Horns

The blaring of the war horns made Harris leap out of his bed. Startled out if his sleepy state, the first thought that came to his mind was Evangeline.

With not even a second to spare, he was out of the door and sprinting to her room. Having been too preoccupied of the she-wolf's wellbeing, he did not notice the huge gathering in front of the pack house.

He went into the house straight to her room, but her door was still locked.

"Evangeline! Open the door please!" He called out to her, but there was no response so he wasted no time in taking down the poor wooden door. "Evangeline are you-"

He was greeted by a pile of ruble that were once furniture, but there was no Evangeline in sight. He finally decided to peek out the broken window and there he saw her running to the borders with a huge army consisting of his and her pack.

A low groan rumbled from his throat before he too jumped out of the window and followed close behind.

Why does she have to be such a badass... Harris ranted.

Ha! I don't know about you, but I'm loving it! His wolf hooted after a few catcalls. Harris just rolled his eyes.

By the time he was beside his father, Orson, Evangeline had already shifted back to human infront of everyone, but one thing irked Harris. She was NAKED in front of a whole army and the enemies. Harris couldn't help the low growl that came out of him, but Evangeline ignored him.

We should be the only one allowed to see her bare. He ranted again to his wolf.

Focus, Harris we're in the middle of a war right now. His wolf scolded him to which he just huffed. We have to make sure she's safe.

On the other hand,

Rolf thought he was fast, but Evangeline was faster. Rolf raised his hand to grab her throat, but Evangeline caught his arm and flipped it behind his back before kicking him a few distance away from herself.

At the assault thrown at their Alpha, the Sentinels shifted to their morphed form, and so did Evangeline.

To say Harris was stunned was an understatement. The Sentinels shifted to the same form his mate was in when he saw her. He looked over to his great Grandfather, Uncle, and father, but none of them looked to be shocked.

Harris looked over to the front, and there stood his beautiful mate where Evangeline was supposed to be. The strong scent of her infiltrated his system like a tank to a brick wall. Goosebumps ran across his whole body at the thought of Evangeline and his mate being one and the same.

"She was with us all along... She was right under our noses. " He thought to himself. "I even slept with my mate last night!"

In his disbelief, Harris failed to notice the rogue that came barreling into him.

Evangeline sensed the immediate danger quickly approaching her mate. She sprung to action and tackled the rogue a few inches away from Harris.

She stood up and snarled at the rogue before turning to Harris who was gaping at her and grabbing the collar of his shirt. "Snap out of it, Kid keep your head in the game!"

With direct orders from his mate, Harris shook his head and shifted to his wolf to join the battle.

They both clawed and slashed colliding with multiple feral rogues. One pounced onto Evangeline, but before he could get closer she slashed his neck with her sharp knives for claws. Blood spurted out spraying her red.

Meanwhile, a huge one leaped over Harris, teeth barred and mouth foaming. Harris sprung on top of it and bit hard on its nape.

They moved from one rogue to another, but they seemed to still have no end. The scene was gruesome and everyone was dripping with blood either from themselves or from the enemy.

Multiple rogues were now ganging up, one wolf vs multiple rogues. Three was snarling at Harris, but he snarled back. Two of the three pounced on him at the same time, but he managed to immobilize both but the third one.

The third feral rogue was bigger than the other two. It lunged at Harris from behind and bit hard on one of his hind legs. Harris let out a loud whimper of pain.

Evangeline snapped her head to where the whimper came from. "No!"

She sprinted towards the rogue who was now thrashing it's head around with his jaws still clamped tight on Harris' leg. Harris desperately tried to claw on the ground whilst withering from the pain.

Evangeline was only a few meters away when Rolf caught her and yanked her back by her morphed form's mane. She felt like her scalp would detach from her head, but nonetheless threw a punch square on Rolf's snout.

Rolf staggered back from the impact. Blood prickled down his nose as he spat out a tooth from the punch.

Evangeline regained her posture then charged at Rolf. He tossed and bit at her, but she dodged all his attacks. She snapped her jaws at him ripping out a chunk of his flesh near his ribs. He wailed in anguish and anger then proceeded to charge at her.

Evangeline had anticipated this and had caught his snout before he could do much more damage. She jumped over Rolf's wolf's back and held on tightly to its neck.

"The war ends here!" She whispered.

"The war doesn't end with me, moon blessed wolf..." Was Rolf's final words before Evangeline snapped his neck. Rolf landed on the ground with a thump, blood still pouring out of his mouth.

Harris couldn't take the pain anymore. Suddenly a brown wolf jumped on the rogue making it let go of Harris' leg. He scurried away from the rogue, severely limping. The rogue was still snapping its jaws at him, not willing to let him out of his grip.

Orson's wolf charged at the rogue. He took the rogue's focused aim on Harris to his advantage and slid underneath the huge unhinged wolf who was almost twice his size. When he was inline with his throat, he bit it hard and thrashed around. The rogue was now alarmed and thrashed around too, not knowing what to do. Orson held on tight and after a minute or two, the rogue fell limp on top of Orson.

Orson tried to get out from under the huge weight of the corpse but he was stuck. Harris limped towards his father and tried to push it off him, but it caused immense pain on his leg.

Luckily, Evangeline had made her way towards them and lifted the weight off of Orson effortlessly.

The three of them stood and looked around the battle field only to find the rest of the enemies retreating.

Evangeline heard and felt the victorious cheers of her people through their link and bonds. She too swelled with pride and joy. She howled a howl of triumph and her people joined her.

•••
I hope you enjoyed reading :>
-Kve