CHAPTER 21

Chapter 21: Evangeline and The Truly Insufferable

"Before I continue, I'd like to speak to the other wolves from the Lumin and Mensis Regere." I said.

As if on cue, 21 more wolves entered the room. The man who tackled me informed me that ten wolves were from Lumin Regere while eleven wolves were from Mensis Regere. I shook hands with each one of them to establish familiarity and trust.

"Are you all willing to join our little team?" I asked them.

"Of course, Alpha. You didn't even have to ask. We would've joined whether you liked it or not." One of the Lumins joked which made us all laugh.

I motioned for them to fill in the vacant seats around the table and had more chairs brought in from the storage room. The Cresceres really didn't bring with them any furniture.

"Well then first thing's first. I don't really want to call us a pack because I really am not comfortable yet with coming to terms with that." They fell silent and glum.

"Think of us as a community. I am only your leader, not alpha. Please give me time to readjust. I know you all have gone through hell and back too, but I don't want to rush. I don't want to ruin this again for all of you. Let's take things slow, aye?" They all perked up with a smile on their faces. They nodded.

"Have you thought of a name for our community?" One of the Mensis asked.

"Well now that you've mentioned it, I might have a name, but we can change it if you all want. I am open for suggestions." I said. "I was thinking of Sterno Sentina?"

There were thirty-three wolves in total, including the ten from Lumin and eleven from Mensis. They looked at each other and after contemplating, they all approved which put a smile on my face.

"Okay that's settled, Sentinels." I announced.

Are we really ready for this? I asked my wolf.

Born ready. She answered

"Excuse me, but what do we call you then if not 'Alpha'?". They all looked at me expectantly.

"Just call me Evan."

The first couple of years were tough. Going from a lone rogue to a leader of a group was not easy. Knowing you have lives that depended on you and people you could ruin with one wrong decision is a lot to weigh on one's shoulders.

Although I often don't show it, I doubted myself a lot. I questioned if I was good enough, if I was doing them justice, or if I could really depend on myself to keep these wolves safe and alive.

Aside from that, adjusting from being alone to being part of a group and my duties was not a piece of cake. There were times where it overwhelmed me to the point where I just decide to get up and run, but they always reminded me of why I was doing this and of my father's words.

We started being more organized and settled in. The Lunette Crescere territories were now Sentina territories.

We improved the infrastructure all around us and started growing crops and livestock. We flowed along with modernization. We adapted to the changing world learning more of technology despite using it limitedly. We only used phones and other small things but we still lived a wolf's life.