14.5 | The Night on the Beach

10 months ago

10 months ago

P E A R L

Zandra's laugh was wild as she reacted to Iris' jokes. Their faces were so close to each other, a stranger would think they were dating.

I sighed, leaning back into the grey couch of Riot's living room. It was a bright, open area with wide windows and monotone coloured furniture.

At the sound of his voice calling my name, I looked over to the open door across the room.

Riot's grey eyes met mine instantly, and my heart raced at the sight of them. He was grinning, his rose lips stretching across his bright teeth.

"Are you gonna eat, or what?" Riot's cheekbones protruded slightly when he spoke with that grin on his face.

"I was waiting for you," I said, my own smile growing.

His eyes beamed at my words as he ran a hand through his wavy, dark brown hair. It was a few shades lighter than my charcoal strands.

"Now, why would you do that, ворон?" He walked closer to me, watching me from underneath his lashes as he fixed his black button-up shirt.
[raven]

"I wanted to make sure you had a meal before going to work," I stood up, aware of Zandra's gaze on me.

Her deep brown eyes stalked me as I made my way to Riot. I knew she was shaking her midnight black hair for my volume, having always detested mine.

Riot smiled down at me, his build towering over me, and the sweet scent of his cologne hit me.

"I'm going to kiss your forehead," He murmured low enough for only me to hear. "Is that fine?"

I knew he was doing it to get on Zandra's nerves. I nodded.

His tattooed hand reached to the back of my neck, pulling me gently toward him. Riot's warm lips pressed against the crown of my head, then moved away slightly.

"Good girl," My face warmed at the sound of his voice talking so close.

"You're going to be late for work, Riot," Zandra's heavy voice drawled. "Better get going."

He groaned slightly, his hand still at the back of my neck as he looked toward her.

"You know better than to tell me what to do," Riot's soft voice vibrated above my head.

Iris clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"Both of you, get over it," He grumbled, and I could hear him stand up from the couch.

Iris was Riot's brother. Whatever the other said, they followed, to an extent.

"Let's get you home, ворон," Riot's grip loosened, allowing me to get a better look at his face.