46 | End of a Chapter

a/n: pretty long chapter, dramatic ending (kinda). anyway, thank you for 18k xo enjoy.

 anyway, thank you for 18k xo enjoy

P E A R L

The last week of school, as a senior, was both a train wreck and a total relief.

Streamers, balloons and 'goodbye' signs were lined up against the school halls, greeting us when we entered at the beginning of the week. I didn't register that we were going to leave this place forever in a week until the banners came into full view.

"The effort of this school is beyond my comprehension," Nico exclaimed as he burst through the front doors.

"It's cute," Edvany followed him, furrowing her eyebrows at him with an amused smile on her lips.

"It's cheesy," Nico spoke as if he was correcting her.

My hands found the combination lock of my locker, and I unlocked it in a hurry. Once I saw the mess of study notes jammed together near my books, I smiled at them. I was going to burn them all and watch with a satisfied grin on my face.

Finals were over, and the huge weight tugging on my shoulders was lifted the moment I dropped my pen in the last exam.

Two hands grabbed my waist, pressing me back against a firm body. I knew it was Zion when he pressed a kiss to the side of my head before leaning on the locker next to mine. He moved his hands away from me, and just watched me while I closed my locker.

Nothing would ever steal away the smiles he gave me.

"You look beautiful today," He murmured, his voice reaching only my ears.

"I look like this every day," I snickered, locking my locker after shoving as many books as I could in my backpack.

It was a cleanup day, where we were erasing any part of ourselves from this school. All our belongings were being removed, preparing the spot for next year's seniors. I liked that it felt bittersweet. It was a reminder of the next step of our lives, and my smile grew larger knowing Zion was going to be in it.

Just because this was the end of a chapter, it didn't mean he wasn't going to be in the beginning of the next one.

"That is exactly my point," Zion's dark eyes threaded heat into my body as he gave me a once over.

"Stop," I shook my head and moved closer to him, able to finally wrap my arms around his torso.

"I have a question." He hugged me back tighter before tugging on my hair slightly so that I could look up at him.

"I will have an answer," I said, enjoying the fact that there weren't many people in the halls.

"Do you-" Zion's face morphed into a thoughtful expression like he was trying to fabricate a better question. "After this week is over, and we've graduated, you're going to study at university. You've mentioned that before. It was the one forty minutes from here, wasn't it?"