25 | Here To Stay

a/n: (not so) fun fact - my plan for this chapter deleted and it was like 1am and I was so tempted to throw a rampage

a/n: (not so) fun fact - my plan for this chapter deleted and it was like 1am and I was so tempted to throw a rampage. anyway, enjoy my second attempt at this chapter! it might not be as good as I planned it, but it iz what it iz.

update: I almost deleted the finished chapter a second time and my heart SHAT.

P E A R L

I was surprised to see Zion leaning against his car as he waited for me a little further down the street. His gaze was fixated on the ankle monitor that was half-covered by his loose black jeans.

He wore an oversized beige sweater with the tips of the sleeves rolled back neatly. A small chain hung around his neck, decorating the neckline of his shirt.

The closer I approached him, the more I noticed he was daydreaming.

"Hey, you know who else daydreams as much as you do?" Nicandro snickered, propping his elbows on the table with excitement.

A grin grew on my lips as I realised Nico was talking about Zion.

"Hey," My voice pulled him out of his trance and into another when his gaze lifted from the ground and onto me.

Hickory eyes raked my frame, taking in the sight of me as I shifted my balance to my other foot, suddenly becoming nervous.

"You look beautiful in that dress," Zion finally spoke when his eyes locked on mine.

My heart swelled, and I couldn't stop my grin from widening. That was all I ever did around him. Smile.

"You look beautiful in that sweater," I gestured a hand to his outfit and watched as his eyes momentarily flickered to it.

"Beautiful?" He questioned with humour gleaming in his eyes. "In a sweater?"

"I'm trying to return the compliment," I placed the gestured hand to my hip and spoke sarcastically. "Take it or leave it,"

"I'm taking it," He said without a doubt and turned his body to the side.

His calloused hand grasped the door handle, and I watched as he pulled the passenger door open for me.

Zion leaned an arm against the door as I walked toward him.

"Thank you," I glanced up at him, seeing his eyes were watching me softly the entire time I got into his car.

He only smiled before closing the door behind him and entering from his side of the car.

It was the second time I'd been in his car, and the only time I was hyper-aware of his presence beside me.

I saw and heard his every movement as he turned the ignition on and began to drive out of my street.

My nerves were intensified, and the gradual silence wasn't doing much to help.