13 | Should Have Stayed Away

P E A R L

P E A R L

"Pearl," Riot's brother yipped my name, running to me with a wide grin.

"Iris," He embraced me in a hug, chuckling at something I wasn't aware of.

He smelt of alcohol.

"Iris," I tried to haul him off me, his grip becoming too suffocating.

"I'm sorry," He whispered.

Panic delved into my veins.

"You shouldn't have been here," Iris let go of me, taking a step back.

His face was a blur, but I caught onto the bruises that swole his cheekbones and the smudged blood on his arm.

"Why did you follow us, Pearl,"

His voice became muffled, changing into a deeper tone. Someone else was talking to me.

I tried to turn around, but he took his place in front of me again. It wasn't Iris though.

"Pearl, don't follow him. He's trouble," Zion's voice warned me.

Zion? What was he doing here?

I was back at the beach again, a crowd surrounding the large campfire.

"He's my friend," I replied, half aware of what was happening.

"Pearl," My legs led me closer to the campfire, away from Zion and toward Riot and his laughing friends.

"Wait," Zion's voice was behind me, too familiar.

Everything seems so familiar.

"You'll get yourself hurt," Zion grabbed ahold of my wrist.

I yanked away from his grasp and ran into another that had me traumatised for months.

"I told you," Zion's voice whispered, and everything was more of a blur. I was only aware of the strong arms holding me upright as the pain in my shoulder surged. "You should have stayed away, perla." The last word was heavy with a Spanish accent.
[pearl]