01 | Cold Hickory Eyes

P E A R L

P E A R L

"Stop accusing me of breaking the law, I am the law!" Elijah, my brother, came rushing down the staircase that lead to the living room. He wore a black and white suit, holding his 'lawyer' suitcase.

He was a law student at a university a few minutes away.

"Then stop giving me a reason to, idiot." My sister, Nevaeh, followed him down the stairs, wearing her school uniform and a large scowl on her face.

The other two of my siblings were twins, Levi and Lorenzo, who had graduated from school last year. They shared similar features to my own, some even thought we were triplets with our equally toned charcoal hair and honey brown eyes.

Nevaeh and Elijah both had light coloured eyes with dirty blonde hair. We all shared the same bronzed skin tone but I was the only one in my family with a more tan complexion.

"Hurry up, Pearl. I don't want to run late because of you again!" Nevaeh hissed at me and I replied with a simple eye roll and followed her to the car after shouting goodbye to my parents who just watched in shock as their children rushed around the house.

I got into the car and waited as Elijah and Nevaeh joined, the latter appearing to be pissed off because I called shotgun before she got the chance to.

The twins were staying home, it was their day off of work and they wanted to help our father in the garage.

We arrived at school after a car ride filled with music to hype us up for the day and eventually, Elijah drove to work, leaving my sister and me in a hell we called 'school'.

He usually just offered to drop me and my sister to and from school before making his way to University.

My sister's dirty blonde hair laid down along her back to her waist, draping behind her like a cape as she started to walk off toward her friends like the princess she was. She threw a goodbye over her shoulders before jogging the rest of the walk to her friends. She was a year younger than me and had more friends than I ever did.

I exhaled and watched as her guy friend walked up to her, embracing her in a bear hug. I kept my eyes on him until he turned around and our eyes connected.

My eyes narrowed down at him in suspicion and he knew it, so he winked at me as if he didn't just see me staring daggers at him and turned back around to his friends.

"Raven!" Someone had yelled my surname from the other side of the parking lot and my eyes scanned my surroundings, trying to find the voice that was calling me.

A pair of green eyes met mine and a smile became plastered on my lips.

I chuckled when Teagan, my best friend, sprinted toward me and almost collapsed on me when she threw her arms around me like she hadn't seen me in years.