Chapter 2

Katelyn's POV

Lmfao just act like Anna passed try-outs cuz I'm like really lazy... 😐

"Alright girls! New girl is here... Anna Shumate be kind it's her first day here so make her feel welcomed!" I yell as I introduced Anna.

"Whoooo go anna!!" Lola yells as I roll my eyes.

"She's gonna be filling in the spot for umm..." I said as I was spacing out.

I kept getting flashbacks of Ashley and they wouldn't stop repeating.

"Hey you okay?" Anna questioned snapping me out.

"Uh yeah you'll be filling the spot for Ashley. She played last year but she's got kicked off." I said softly.

Lola looked at me in concerned but I just shook my head to get the thoughts out.

"ALRIGHT LADIES! GRAY! WARM EM UP!"

After that we helped Anna get with plays but she mostly got all of them down. I really didn't put half my effort into practice because my head kept replaying flashbacks and nightmares.

"STOP!" Coach yelled.

I looked back and I saw her... or I thought I saw her. I stumbled back a little before realizing she was not there.

"Hey... you okay?" Lola came up to me.

"GRAY COME HERE!!" Coach yelled and I ran.

"What's up with you today?!" He yelled which only made it worse.

My hands started to shake so I put them behind my back. I put my head down and he realized.

"You need them?" He asked as I shook my head yes.

"Go get them. Sorry I didn't realize soon." He said in a apologetic voice.

I nodded and went away. I've always liked my Coach. When he found out about Ashley paying the other team to tackle me. He kicked her off the team which only made her mad.

He kept apologizing after she put me through a coma and I finally got him to stop but he usually knows what's up. This time my head just got so wrapped around I didn't give off signs.

I ran down the locker room desperately trying to get into my locker. I grabbed the meds and the bottle was nearly empty.

"Please be enough..." I whispered.

I opened and there was two left. I took the anxiety pills and then the Zoloft. After a few minutes my hand stopped shaking and my head got off the lockers.

"Holy shit..." I whispered in relief.

I walked out of the lockers and Lola ws there waiting.

"You good?" She asked and I nodded.

"You had the team worried. You also had Anna worrying too." She said smirking to put me in a lighter mood.

When we reached the team I looked up.

"Sorry guys had a small emergency but let's get back." I said and all the flashbacks and nightmares went away.

I put more effort but not a lot I didn't want to go rough against everyone. However we did scrimmage and Anna was on my team.

I'm okay with that. She's extremely really good at soccer. Although she was tired and I wasn't. I wasn't putting a lot of effort in. Just enough to get the ball and score.