Chapter 67

Anna's POV
"SECURITY!!" We heard doctors yelling.

I could hear the monitor beep faster realizing that the crowd is creating stress.

The monitor started beeping rapidly.

"GET THEM OUT!!" Doctor yelled as they pushed back the people.

Doctor Coulson came in as we all stood in the back.

"She's fine. Someone just pulled her IV out. The environment around her was so loud and crowding it made her sense levels stress. She will be fine." He said plugging back the IV into her arm.

We all started to calm down but there was still noise.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I mumbled walking out of the room to find the bathroom.

I was just about to enter the woman's restroom when someone turned me around and pinned me against the wall.

"You. Your the fucking problem!" Mack yelled causing me to be in fear.

He was way stronger than me. He was bigger and I couldn't do anything to overpower him.

"Sir... please." I said turning away from him.

"Listen here you little shit. You make my daughter a faggot... a disappointment to the entire ritual family." He said.

I could smell his beer breath and it was not satisfying.

"She's not a disappointment. She's someone that saved my fucking life!" I yelled trying to get out of his grip.

He pinned me to the wall harder pressing up against my body. His hand went around my throat cutting off my air supply.

I felt my eyes pool of tears trying to breathe as much as I can.

"HEY! GET OFF OF HER!" I heard seeing him being thrown to the ground by a doctor.

"Hey... you okay?" I heard seeing a nurse.

I was filled with fear and I didn't know what to do... this must be what Katelyn feels like when she flinches...

"Cmon let's get you somewhere else." The nurse said guiding me.

I was sat down in a room. Overthinking what would have happened if that doctor didn't find me quick enough.

Would he have killed me? I can't just loose Katelyn like that.

I felt myself overwhelmed with my overthinking.

"Oh my god Anna!" I heard seeing Emma.

"H- Jesus... are you okay?" She said.

She lifted my chin examining my neck.

"Oh my god Anna..." she whispered.

She pressed a finger on my neck making me wince.

"Emma Emma. Stop." I said holding her hand preventing her from putting anymore pressure.

"I-... who did this?" She asked me as she had worry in her eyes.

"Mack did..." I mumbled.

"Ms. shumate... I'd like to speak to you in private." I heard seeing a nurse.

Emma looked at me and I nodded. Once she left the room the nurse closed the door.

"I think you have a little something on your arm..." the nurse said as I got confused.

She gently took my arm rolling the sleeves up to reveal my open cuts that were bleeding.

"I-... I- can explain." I said and she shook her head no.

"You don't have to tell me if you wish to not. But this is gonna hurt." She said as she poured something on it making me grip the bed.

"I know it hurts... how long have you done Self Harm?" She asked me.

"I guess like a multiple times... this one is the first time I've done it for like a really long time." I said and she looked up at me and smile.

"That girl really is your whole world..." she said and I questioned her.

"Katelyn Gray? Her? I've seen you in the hospital with her. You haven't left her side once. She always dreamed of someone being there by her like a girlfriend." She said.

"You know I was her nurse. She always talked to me whenever she had the time. When she first came to LA she had sprained her ankle and I was the one who wrapped it." She said smiling.

"She's a very fragile girl..." she whispered.

"She really is." I said and she looked and gave me a smile.

"If you need anyone to talk to. I'm here.
Your secrets safe with me." She said throwing the trash away.

"Your neck however is gonna leave a pink print but it will go away in a few days. If you want I can prescribe you with medicine." She said.

"That's okay." I said and she nodded

I walked out going back to the bathroom because I didn't use it.

Coming back inside Katelyn's room I sat down and sighed.

"Jesus Christ what happened?" I heard looking over at Lola.

"Her dad's a fucking psychopath." I said.

"Jesus Christ..." Lola said coming over to me.

"He got you good... did you check it out?" She asked and I nodded.

"Good. Katelyn would freak if she knew her dad did that to you." She said sitting back down.

Katelyn's pov
"I'm not the person to Freak... but this is a whole another situation I have to fix." I mumbled.

I sat in front of Anna as she was zoned out staring at my body.

The print was visible on her neck... and it seems like it won't go away anytime soon.

"I have a hella bone to pick with you Mack." I said walking out of the room.

I loved the way my body was on low opacity... where it's as if you could see right through me.

I walked to where Mack was, seeing him in cuffs.

"Sir. You have the right to remain silence. Anything you say will be held against you in the court of law. You will be given a single lawyer if you don't have one." I saw him getting in the back of a police car.

"Arrested for attempted murder." The police said.

I sat down on the bench outside watching the wind pass down. Since it was winter and it was LA it really wasn't that cold.

But saying I can't feel anything since I'm a typical ghost.

I actually couldn't believe Mack... my dad tried to kill me.

I walked back in before passing the rooms I saw a tv on hearing my name.

"Katelyn Gray located in the Mercy Hospital of the Los Angels. Seeing to be seen in a coma." The guy said.

I wanted to scream. Now everyone knows where I am... everyone knows what happened.

Going back into my room I sat down staring off.

Anna's pov
"Here Anna." I heard seeing Eva bring a blanket.

"I know your gonna be here for awhile so. Me and the girls all thought we can switch out on who stays here." Sab said sitting next to me.

"It's okay. It doesn't matter." I said.

They all nodded and Eva, Dev, and Emma left leaving Sab here sitting next to me.

I felt myself starting to fall asleep slowly not keeping my eyes open.