1. The game

The forest was pure chaos. The growls and screams can be heard a long way. Blood staining with the mud creating a texture of something scary even at the first sight. The dark canvas above them is gloomy and merciless as clouds hiding all the stars behind it.

Wounded legs and bloody canines, pained faces, and dirty fur- Crimson Asterin never let their enemies go empty-handed. It's everything or nothing.

As they ended their last foe on the ground, the pack warriors returned to their home. A wide smile on their lips and pride shoulders demanding respect from every living species. Crimson Asterin- the world's largest and ruthless pack.

The first, second, and third about the pack are their strength, vigor, and their tactics. It says even a three-year-old of Crimson Asterin is clever than any warriors of their rivals. They're not just any stronger pack. They're the only pack that is strongest than any other.

Crimson Asterin is wide, strictly undergoes its rules and restrictions made by its alpha. The pack members are allowed to do whatever they want, as long as they don't make their alpha mad. The pack was covered with thick forest and luxurious lakeside on the west.

The territory is rich with every kind of tree, plant, etc... For their living. Crimson Asterin are not the ones who sit back and accept what they got. They're hunters. They chase what they want.

As soon as the pale man, the head of the pack warriors entered the room, his sight landed on the tall figure. The room was grey, the walls and the curtains are the same color making it difficult to spot things in there.

There's an uncomfortable frostiness that creates a tingle in his body as soon as he stepped inside. The walls are neat and clean, with no artwork, no sculptures. The water running in the basin is the only sound in the room, breaking the thick silence.

The head warrior glanced at the mirror from behind of the tall man. There was an uneasy smell of blood in the room. The red stains sticking to the man's half-naked body, and biceps. The muscles flexing as the man cleaning the dark bloodstains on his body. The head warrior's eyes never left on the tattoo on the man's nape of the neck.

A red dragon with butterfly wings.

If there's one thing he wondered about their alpha king then it's the tattoo. Dragon and butterfly wings. It doesn't match the aura of the world's strongest pack's pure-blood alpha king. Does it? But no one ever asked why is it like that.

The warrior's head gulped before choosing the words to break the silence. His alpha was cleaning his knife. He noticed the presence of the beta male behind him and looked at him through the mirror.

"Alpha, The attackers are from Lunar Nyx. They want our alliance and we rejected it before. The council analyses that might be the reason behind this attack."

The beta said with a frown. He waited for the alpha's words patiently. When the water stopped and the alpha dried his hands with the towel, the pack warrior head moved back to give the King way to walk out. The head alpha wore his shirt and took his coat.

As they strolled out of the room, the dark hallways welcomed them. Only the sounds of their heels can be heard as they walking. The head warrior trailed his eyes on the tall figure walking in front of him, head straight, shoulder wide. He can imagine the sly smirk on the king's lips.

"Jokes on them to attack the strongest pack. What were they thinking? This should be a lesson for those who underestimate Crimson Asterin." 

The alpha said making the hallways and the beta male shiver. His words were proud and harsh as he takes the pack's name. The walk halted in front of the throne room. The guards standing in front of the door bowed in respect and opened the door for the king.