10. Myths & Truths

Jungkook walked through the hallways, adjusting his robe on his shoulder, mind still in a dazed state after the meeting with Namjoon. His whole day was jam-packed. Del Royale's sweet treatment is not something Jungkook can agree with wholeheartedly. He can't tolerate people praising the other packs.

The silent corridors led him to his chamber. His room here was big, white, and luminous- so not him. The turmoil in him calmed as he reached his room. Opening the door, he entered silently. The robe falls on the floor as he removed his shirt and walked to the balcony.

His perfect body and muscles flexed as he stretched his hands and sat on the chair on the balcony. Closing his eyes, Jungkook took a deep breath. His eyes shot open as he took a whiff of the surrounding.

It was like a feisty yet fruity scent. Why isn't his aura changing by inhaling the strange scent? Confused, Jungkook took several deep breaths. Maybe it was his thought, but Jungkook has a gut that it was a smell only for him.

Leaning back on the chair, he turned his head, holding his breath in his hands and heart on his sleeves. It's his mate's balcony. The yesternight is crystal clear in front of his eyes. If nothing, the mutual hate was obvious between them. His breath hitched as his eyes met with the sight.

The orange hue spreads around the pack, night waiting to blend with the sky and ocean. There sat a soul, crumbled like paper, tear stains painting his cheeks like rivers. The strong and built warrior's body was covered in a white duvet, his milky skin peeking out to the dark, glowing under the last suns rays.

Every bit of scent roamed around him, failing to control them. His tired open eyes stared at the moon, silently sharing his whimpers. The gaze turned to meet his, and Jungkook skipped a beat.

"Because of you..."

He heard a voice inside him, not desperate but militant. It's not his. The voice was not familiar to him, but he can listen to it clearly. It scratches his heart even though he doesn't know what he did.

The voice was harsh and chimed in his head each time when he blinks while looking at the blue eyes. It was his mate's mind link. How that can be possible? They're not even marked and mated yet.

The history of werewolves says that Moon Goddess matches the two souls with a reason. She has a plan when she makes two people mates. Even if they're the arch-nemesis, born rivals, or idiots in love. When she chose Jungkook as the mate of Taehyung, she definitely knows what she's doing. She knows what's right and wrong.

And that's why Jungkook can hear those words. His mate's wolf- V has already a hold on him, great.

The pheromones in the air were thick and harsh. It attracts none but pushes them all away. Don't know why Jungkook did that, but when his calming pheromones mixed with the air, the blue eyes of the omega stared at him, digging holes in his body.

He unknowingly quivered at the way his mate demanded something from him. The dumb he's, he doesn't know what's that and why his mate acting like that. What's the reason behind the reckless state of his mate? And why he's bothered by the omega? Jungkook stared at the other with an unreadable expression.

The almond eyes he had witnessed yesterday were poles apart from the blue eyes boring holes into him now. Like they're two different people with two lives. The almond ones were soft yet powerful, mysterious, and neutral.

But the blue ones are clear like the depth of the ocean. There's no facade of fake emotions in them. They're fearless to challenge him, unbelievably rough and disastrous. Jungkook felt his heart stumbling upon his own beat.
The eyes were still on him. Then a wave of heat hit his nerves. His body burned like hell and he felt like he was craving something. Or someone.