28. Love Maze

Chaos has beauty. Jungkook knows it from the very start. He has seen even after being a mess, whatever between him and Taehyung was beautiful to be admired, day and night. He will never admit that he was enjoying the little moments between them, forgetting the fact that they're mates and mulling over another reality that they're just friends.

Even if it was tangled, the moments he spent with Taehyung came to his eyes, vivid and stunning. It never left him from the minute the omega abandoned him all alone to find his truce in chaos. 

It's been hours since that incident happened. Night fell around the pack, deep and dark. No sounds can be heard, even the rustling of the leaves or the bursting wind through the woods. Birds were already home, chirping was long gone.

There was nothing that could break the quietness of the night. Jungkook sat on the edge of the bed, his wolf calming down from the downpours that just passed and embracing himself, pulling the robe over him. He concentrated on his breathing. It was shaky yet stern enough to discard the insecurities building up in him.

Closing his eyes for a moment to pull himself together, he then stood up to walk. Sure, the alpha would have to have a good talk with his Trueblood. But, that's for later. 

As he walked out, the veranda was clear. The scent of the omega was nowhere, and he couldn't catch it because he was sure Taehyung hid it from him. The alpha searched for the head warrior and his advisor.

He was about to walk out to the pack when the front door opened, revealing the royal pain of his ass, his only brother. Oh, the timing. Jungkook cursed under his breath. 

"Wait, I know that look. Someone here trying to run away again. But where? And... Why? Alpha Kookie?" 

Jungkook hates that his brother knows everything about him. He hates that even without saying anything, in an instant, Jin can read his face. The alpha ignores the question and the skeptical glare passes toward him and chooses to walk past the man.

A puzzled Jin took a moment to realize that Jungkook was indeed not in the mood to joke around so he yanked his brother's hand to stop him. 

"Jungkook...?" 

The alpha turned to glance at his brother. Only if he could explain what was happening to his brother without hurting anything in him. Jungkook struggled to keep eye contact because if Jin caught one more time the way his eyes flickered, he would surely get an idea. He lowered his head, pure somnolence taking over his body and mind. 

"It's all a mess, hyung. It's all a mess because of that freakin' mate thing." 

He cussed and stormed out with his red eyes burning the peaceful darkness around him. He was about to run away when a hand stopped him again, making the alpha spin on his heels with a frustrated sigh. He was astounded to see the man who had a hand on him, tight grip made Jungkook halt his doing and concentrate on the other. 

"What happened to Taehyung?" 

The deep voice can be heard tearing the silence. Jungkook was sure a curse was about to leave his mouth. Nevertheless, he somehow kept his mum, glaring at the grip on his wrist. The name makes his whole body itchy. It aches the nerves of his heart which he never knew will be there. He hates to admit it but as soon as Kim Namjoon whispered that question, Jungkook felt a pang in his chest.

He doesn't know.

He doesn't know where Taehyung went, what happened to whatever things between them, why they're always apart from each other. He doesn't know why the name Taehyung makes him weak and strong. Screw mate bond, if it wasn't even there, Jungkook would never have to put this much effort to achieve something.