45. Eyes On The Moon

The masquerades were covering the beautiful faces, the deep frowns, and the smirks on their lips. It suited them perfectly as they swayed along to the music that could be heard in the background. The dance floor was dark and no faces could be seen under the dim ambiance.

The mates walked into the space with a victorious smirk on their lips. Their hands were linked, eyes on each other as they witnessed the people dancing along to the slow music. The two joined the crowd, swaying their hips and embracing each other in their arms. It felt so gentle and warm, away from all the worries and vulgar eyes on them. It felt so good to be claimed as mates finally.

Jungkook planted a small kiss on Taehyung's forehead and nuzzled his neck while scenting him with the alpha's musky scent as the song changed to another track. He let go of Taehyung's hand to welcome another dance pair and Taehyung too was held by another man. Though they were in different arms, their eyes belonged to each other, and their want doubled to have each other.

The mellow song continued chiming in their ears, lights went off as Jungkook searched his mate's gold glittering mask, resembling the eyes of a swan. He suppressed the possessive growl as dancing along with the omega in his arms, taking into the fact that it was his party and he could not mess it up.

"Took you a long. For a moment, I thought you had a change of mind"

The whisper came from behind as the hand snaked around his waist, and pulled him into the corner of the dance floor where no light landed on them. Taehyung gasped at the rough touch, blinking twice to register the man who was holding him as his property but he didn't say it out loud.

"Change of mind? Never. I was waiting for this, man! Do you think I'll back out?"

"No, I was thinking if your alpha used his charms on you, then you might... you know... leave me?"

Taehyung let out a small chuckle, his fingers curled around the black shirt of the alpha tightly as he leaned in to whisper.

"You think his charms will work on me? For real, Yug. Make it make sense"

"I mean... it should work on you since he's---"

"--He's nothing, okay? Not more than a rival to me."

The alpha turned them from the sight of others, swaying rhythmically with the jazz song, humming along with the lyrics. He scanned the crowd before leaning to nuzzle the side of Taehyung's ear as the omega glanced at him with long eyes.

"I could feel his scent on you. And you have to be very careful with him because he is--"

"--That's why I let him do this."

With a smirk on his lips, Taehyung tilted his head, moving his collar slightly to show his neck to the alpha. Yugyeom had big eyes settled on him and then shifted to the crook of the omega's neck.

"You bear his mark now. You're Jeon Jungkook's mate, Taehyung."

Taehyung's inside churned when Yugyeom's breath landed on the freshly bloomed mating mark on his neck, the alpha's lips inches away from touching his skin and the voice in him shouted at him. The mark had a name, and it belonged to Jeon Jungkook.

Anyone else who would touch it or even crave it will go through a dead game and Taehyung knew it very well. But he let Yugyeom touch his skin there, his eyes closed the whole time as his mind reeled back to remember the touch of a certain someone.

"I only let him because we wanted him to trust me. That was our initial plan. We could only get close to him if he sealed the mark. That doesn't mean anything else."