33. Forever Mysteries

The atmosphere outside was cold, contrasting the warmth and chaotic vibes in the posh club. The chilliness kind of shook them from the daze of the drink that they had before. They both hissed as soon as the icy breeze touched their smooth bare skin, walking haphazardly towards the backdoor of the club. Still, in the haze of the night, Taehyung wriggled to get released from Jungkook's hold. He hated the alpha's touch leaving tingles on his body, an explosion of something that he couldn't decipher but understood it's not good for his health. 

Jungkook only stopped outside of the club, not caring to look at the drunken crowd blabbering something, or the eyes landing on the mates. Oh, they're mates. They were in the past, and they will be. Now that the sting on his neck reminded him of the half-written pages of the past, yet to be filled, and healed, Taehyung suppressed the urge to push the alpha away from him. They were supposed to be together, destined to be precise but they chose not to be whatever they were told to be.

Jungkook on the other hand paused to look at his mate, still holding Taehyung's wrist tightly, he pinned the other on the wall, away from the eyes of the people. His tough pheromones are now changed to gentle, but not that soothing to calm Taehyung's nerves. The lawyer bites down a growl he wanted to let out oh so badly and glared at the alpha. If looks could kill, Jungkook would be under six feet by now. The alpha pinned both hands of Taehyung above his head, his other hand moved to curl around Taehyung's curvy waist. When he heard a soft whimper, Jungkook smirked, leaning close to Taehyung. 

They were inches apart, yet so far. Their breaths mingled, eyes met with hidden feelings brimmed up, hearts stuttered under their ribcage. It wasn't something new, they confronted each other with feelings that bound them, with sensations that they did not even want to admit in the first place. It was all between them, crystal clear to anyone around them, but they managed to ignore it. As if nothing happened, the days passed, seasons changed. 

Jungkook's eyes landed on the red mark on the crook of Taehyung's neck, it was on his name, shining like a scarlet moon, but it had a painful tale behind it. And each time when his gaze drops onto that mate mark on Taehyung, his mind takes a walk back to the olden days portrayed in front of him like a blurred daydream. He should feel guilty, he should feel his heart in pain but not so surprisingly, everything around him stayed calm, like the serene night outside, like the soft gaze of his mate. 

Even if they ignore everything, the mate mark will remain unchanged. Unhealed. And hurting either one of them. 

Taehyung stayed still in Jungkook's hold. He wanted to protest before, throwing tantrums and annoying the hell out of his mate, just like he did on the dance floor. But that was then, this is now. And now, Taehyung wanted to stay like that. He wanted them to dwell deep in the silence a little more before words mess up their tranquility. 

He knows Jungkook's eyes and the feelings that the alpha is masquerading in them. Of course, every alpha wants their mate mark to stand proud, not like an emblem of a pain that can't be cured. He knows what Jungkook must be feeling at that moment when his eyes landed on it, the alpha never says, never let it out, and will never let him know. So, Taehyung does what he feels he should do. 

Jungkook was taken aback by the action of Taehyung, especially when his mate's glaring eyes contrasted the delicate fingers that pulled the shirt to cover the mark. He blinked twice and tried not to listen to a tempting voice in him saying some relentless things. He shut his eyes for a moment to clear his head and then looked straight at Taehyung. 

"Jeon, what the hell do you think you are doing?" 

Taehyung snarled, without trying to get out of the hold, his eyes traced every move of the alpha.