21. Dream Glow

Destiny.
Destiny has a way to arrange things and people. It knows how important a person is in each other's life and still plays on its own. When people end up believing that they're destined, it doesn't take a lot for them to stay together. Since they have a reason, things flow and stick together easily. Destiny is not magic. It's a game- either you win or lose, in the end, you will believe- whatever it is, it's your destiny.

Love.
Love doesn't happen like that. Sometimes, it took a lot to not fall in love but the things that make one soul bound another is sometimes just the thought of them spending their time together is enough for them. Love is simple. It's like the night after a tiring day, the rain after a miserable drought- love is natural.

Jungkook stiffened at the thoughts. They're mates. They're destined. But love? Each time when he repeated that word inside of his head, his stomach churned weirdly. It was new and unexpected for him. His body tingles at the thought of being a lover. Precisely, the lover of Kim Taehyung. It was a good feeling. For the first time in his lifetime, something close to his omega felt like paradise to him. Of course, he will never admit that out loud.

Back to reality, he mustered up a little courage to look at his mate who already had eyes on him, gaze dropping to meet his eyes. The glare was fierce always reminding him why the strongest true blood has chosen to be the mate of only omega ruler. Jungkook gulped, pausing a bit to realize the question he heard a few moments ago.

"I mean... We only have to love each other if we actually feel it, right?"

Right. Jungkook wanted to tell that. But that was for later. Now he was thinking why is his mate talking about love between them? Will they ever fall for each other? Will they miss each other if they're out of sight? Will they ever find a way to meet each other even if they're out of reach?

Just because being mates doesn't mean they have to love each other. Taehyung was right. Jungkook agreed.

"Yes. We don't have to love each other because of the mate bond between us."

The alpha said, dropping his gaze at the puzzled face of the omega. Was Taehyung thinking else? Was that not a satisfying answer?
The expression on the omega's face falters, the tight hold on his arms loosened. Hesitantly, Taehyung retracted himself from Jungkook murmuring a right under his breath. He then stared at the darkness, endearingly obsessed with the way sky and woods attract midnight to themselves. Nature may be tired. Just like them, the wind, the sky, the forest, the lake everything might need sleep.

"You're free to unlove me."

Jungkook paused after the whisper, carefully reading the shades of omega's face. He regrets everything to the moon. Because the color of hopelessness that he spotted on the other's face doesn't suit Taehyung. He turned to face the omega completely. It was like Taehyung memorizing the words he uttered. Jungkook wondered, what just some words can do to someone?

A lot.

Digesting the fact that he did make a clash on the omega's peaceful mind, Jungkook lead his fingers to touch Taehyung's cold ones resting on his lap. The omega shuddered by the sudden action, took his time to realize that the warmth of his alpha was what he all needed. He didn't resist Jungkook when the other placed his palm and drew soothing circles. When Jungkook realized Taehyung softened, he whispered.

"But I want to know you... "

He noticed the way Taehyung stiffened but missed the tight lip smile that was hidden under his stern expression. The facades are that beautiful that Jungkook forgot his mate is not only a ruler but a pretty omega too.

"I want to know what makes you sad, what makes you happy. I want to know what is precious for you, what you will do to save your prestige. I want to know how you treat people. I want to know how your laugh sounds like when it's because of me, how you whisper against the wind when you're not the prince but the normal omega.

I want to know the Taehyung in you..."

The said Taehyung was astonished. His mate does have a weird brain and is very interested in things no one would ever lay eyes on. But isn't this too much? Jungkook and he were never this calm, talked this easily with each other. The train of thoughts was broken when he felt the alpha cupping his face in his warm hands, leaning forward a bit but then stopping. A whine is suppressed in Taehyung's mouth because the scent closer to him feels like heaven. He wanted that to last long.

"Can we... Can we be friends?"

Jungkook whispered. A gasp left from Taehyung's mouth as he registered those words. Friends? It seems like Jungkook wasn't kidding. His face shared the most honesty while saying that. The expression never faltered from the happiness of words he just said and all Taehyung wanted to do was protect it. Whatever it costs, the little smile on his alpha felt the best scenery ever for the prince.

"Yes.

Yes. We can be friends."

Taehyung replied, placing his hand on Jungkook's, and rubbing circles on them. He doesn't know what this is, but as long as this will give him butterflies and the whole galaxy exploding in his body, Taehyung will go on with the plan. The plan of being friends with Jeon Jungkook, his mate who was destined to kill him.

At that moment, Taehyung forgot that too. He doesn't remember that the reason why they're at least this close is because of that. But there was a ray of sunshine leading him in the nights towards his perfect destination. Taehyung trusts in miracles.

The wide eyes of Jungkook showcased how much he loved the idea of listening yes from his mate. He doesn't have any other plan. When he said he wanted to be friends with Taehyung, he mean it. The peaceful talk between them was alleviating his heartbeats, and soothing his nerves. He only realized now that all of this feels like a dream. A dream he never knew he would see and crave to fulfill. It's all because of Taehyung.

Jungkook passed a soft smile at the man, slowly patting on the sides of Taehyung's shoulders. He loved the way his mate now relaxes at the thought of him comforting. The alpha was ready to start with taking his time to understand the omega. They need time. They need this. Because spending moments with each other doesn't hurt but heals them, washes their pain away, and secures their precious memories. If a friendship can give them this truce, the mates are ready to protect it.

The wind brushed them off to a sweet night and the mates stood up to leave for their room. Passing one more glance at each other, they bid bye silently, all set to embrace the tranquility of the dusk.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Apologies for the very late update.
Hope y'all liked this chapter. And yeah, things are getting better :)

Have a nice day/night...

~AnecdotesOfABroken