39. Euphoria

"We can't be friends"

Taehyung took a sip from the awfully tasting espresso the alpha made for him.

"Oh, we can never"

They settled opposite each other on the dining table, Jungkook poured a cup of coffee and placed a bowl of cereal in front of Taehyung. A brand new morning it was, just started with a heavy headache for Taehyung's happiness. The omega was the first one to wake up, shuddering at the coldness and disturbed by the chirping of the birds.

At first, he whined and snuggled closer to the alpha but then he felt something poking on his thighs, and the strong muscles covering him suffocated him a bit. Taehyung shivered at the cold wind then opened his eyes slowly, mumbling something.

To say his heart stopped for a moment would be a major understatement. Taehyung felt his whole body giving up because there's no way he would sleep on top of Jungkook let alone on his bed if he's sober.

But the sight he opened his eyes was something different than all his beliefs. And to say the sleep, he would never admit it out loud how serene he felt while sleeping like that. Without the realization of the world and the work pressure, just to stay in Jungkook's arms.

There. It all felt difficult yet right because it was his mate. It's always Jeon Jungkook.

Taehyung plopped down from the bed, falling on his butt and realizing the things between them. He cursed under his breath and kicked Jungkook hard before rushing into the bathroom picking up a hoodie of Jungkook. He ignored the scent of the alpha on it, his mind was already occupied with thoughts that he can't decipher. That's how they both ended up on the dining table of Jungkook, with a coffee to the rescue.

Jungkook cleared his throat to bring back Taehyung from the wild imaginations. The omega glared at the alpha before saying

"I can't believe we kissed!"

Taehyung yelled, gulping a big mouth of his coffee while Jungkook leaned back on his chair. He covered his face with the shade of the cup in his hand, avoiding Taehyung at any cost. The omega only sat with a stunned expression for which Jungkook nodded, masking the snarky remark oh so badly taunting to come out of his mouth. He then said with a pout which Taehyung did not really concentrate on.

"Yeah? You were wild"

"When doing what?"

The omega was losing his patience. His senses were already in a blur and Jungkook's words only made him feel worse. How could he? Most importantly why Jungkook and why when he was drunk. Taehyung had lost to the questions his mind had set up. He could only listen to Jungkook without thinking twice. The alpha was indeed satisfied with how his mate got flustered with his every word.

"Kissing... And, of course, the other---"

"Don't you dare. Jeon Jungkook."

"It's not me who asked for it, pup. It was you..."

"Okay, don't ever call me that"

Taehyung uttered, placing the cup on the table with a loud thud and glaring at Jungkook. The alpha suppressed the big laughter with a scoff. He was all set for this.

"Babe, you don't even remember. You have no idea how you pulled me into a kiss, your hands were all over my body, and by the way, you said I'm hot---"

"I did? I, Kim Taehyung said you what?"

"Hot, baby, you said I'm hotter than any alphas you ever met."

"No fvcking way. And stop with the nicknames"