31. Elegant Mess.

The hallways were chaotic. People shuffling the documents. The faces around them were sad, some were happy. Struggling to walk past between the crowd, he breathed heavily. The surroundings bowed when they got a glance at him. His lips pressed to a thin line, eyes sparkling like sun, shoulders broad with pride, heels demanding attention from every living species. The one true man he is, the epitome of victory and dignity. His aura says it all. The best lawyer. The perfect man.

As soon as he entered his office, he met with a sight of a man waiting for him. The blonde male looked up as his eyes landed on the lawyer. Walking towards his chair, keeping the stern expression, he gazed at his assistant, Choi Yeonjun. The beta male passed the file in his hands and bowed at him. He was waiting for his boss to read the documents he handed over.

The room was quiet. The glass windows show the complete landscape of the city. A well-arranged desk, black leather couch, a walk-in closet on the left, a small and tidy washroom, a shelf with books neatly organized. The office fits perfectly with his elegance. His type.

The room smells like a mild scent of new rain touching the soil and mixing with the wind of the pine forest, ecstasy. One might say it's hard to take the whiff, but it's also oddly comforting. The almond eyes tear open the heart in front of him, yet soothe them to another world. The male was an illusion. A fantasy that no one can accomplish.

The ambiance was calmer when he closed the file and glanced at his guest. Precisely, his client. The lips curled into a frown and eyebrows furrowed as he expected the male in front of him to speak. The beta client took a deep breath to get a hold of himself. It's not the dominance. No, that's not making him shiver now. It's the eyes, the fingers tapping on the table, the lips pressing in a thin line, the lawyer himself is making him skip a beat. He cleared his throat and said.

"Mr. Kim, I know I'm supposed to meet you earlier, but... My boss... He stopped me from doing so..."

The man tried hard to not stutter. He's a beta. His sanity and self-respect are on his sleeves, trying hard to not lose his last sense because of the thick air around them. Well, Mr.Kim doesn't own anything by his dominance. He got it all, the name, the fame, the prestige, the respect -he got it all because of who he is. A hardworking person who never fails to win. And when he fails, well, let's not talk about that.

"See, Mr. Park. Your boss is one hell of an arrogant man. Whatever I say, he doesn't even spare a glance before rejecting it. If he really wants to win this case, then tell him, come to me and confess his doings. I'm not gonna waste my time for his childish acts."

The voice was stern. It was a warning for Mr. Park and his boss. The beta male gulped. The dark almond eyes are scary when they concentrate on his soft brown ones. He was about to say something when his eyes landed on the lawyer who stood up from his seat. The said male walked towards the curtain shields and covered them from the light entering inside. He was wearing a long black and red striped coat, a crimson red shirt inside, and a pair of black pants. The attire gives him a royal look as it perfectly fits his curvy figure. His hair, jet black hair was parted and his neat forehead was on display. Overall, he looks more like a model out from a fashion magazine than a lawyer. Or maybe, he can be both.

"I will talk to him, Mr. Kim."

The beta male broke the silence. He peeked at Yeonjun who was standing there, noticing every movement his senior doing. The lawyer then walked towards them after picking up a file from the shelf and settled on the edge of his desk, cross-legged.

"As you should."

Mr.Kim said. He's soft-spoken, filters his every word, voice deeper when he warns anyone. The fierce expression never left his face.